Thursday, February 23, 2017

Wyvern Buddies


February 23, 2017
[1:45 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Near the camp that the group had set up close to the Caravan, the delighted shrieks of young wyverns could be heard as they ran around amusing themselves in whatever way they saw fit. Leaning against a tree was Mateus out of Leon's worn battle armor as he just happily kept an eye on his wyverns to make sure nothing got out of hand.
[1:53 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: But he wasnt the only one watching. Another girl, followed by her own wyvern had taken time out of their schedule to check in on Matteus and his small friends. The ruby eyes of the other wyvern followed the smaller ones, not making a sound. The one eyed rider had a short laugh, patting her companion on the head teasingly. "Remember when you were like that? God, that's.... 14 years ago now. Time has surely passed since then, hasn't it?" He only snarled at her in response, prompting another short laugh from her. "Then again, I should probably talk to Matteus himself sometime. We have only had short chats so far."
[3:39 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Upon seeing the woman and her black wyvern, seven of the wyverns ran up to Rieze and Neltharion shrieking in delight at their appearance. Mateus hearing the commition picked up Zodiark and walked over to the Wyvern Rider. "Oh hey there. You're um...Rieze right?" Mateus looked to Neltharion just as impressed as his wyverns were with him. "I must say they all seemed to have taken a liking to your Wyvern Rieze."
[5:12 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: Neltharion looked down at the little wyverns, but paid them little to no heed past that. "Heh. I don't think he is used to the attention. He was born alone, and he has mostly stayed alone due to his... unique lineage." Rieze smiled to Matteus, scratching Neltharion's back while doing so. "And you are Mateus. I've wanted to talk to you for a while, honestly. Not many people here share my fondness for wyverns."(edited)
[5:27 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mateus nodded as Zodiark brought himself closer to his chest. "Yep! That's why I have eight of them of course! I just can't get enough of them!" One of Mateus's wyverns Adrammelech turned to Mateus and let out a shrill shriek. "Ummmm. I don't know when you'll get that big Adra." Mateus looked back at Rieze. "How old is Neltharion actually? It seems like you two have been together for a really long time."
[5:36 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "21. As old as me. Although, I can't know if his growth is natural or unnatural. His birth conditions were... unusual, but that's all Father ever told me." Rieze put a finger on her chin, quickly remembering the details she had managed to scourge up about Neltharion. "I met him 14 years ago. All the info regarding his 7 years of life before that is unknown to me. But you have an entire horde of them! I imagine you have had them since their birth, or?"
[5:46 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mateus nodded. "Yep. Well the first seven I've had since birth. Seen them hatch and everything. They're all one year olds now." Mateus then held up Zodiark as the four-legged green wyvern gave Neltharion a confused look. "Zodiark here I got as a present. He's two but he'll be turning three soon." Mateus brought Zodiark back to his chest. "It's hard to imagine seeing my babies get that big though. I can't see them as anything but tiny little rascals. I should probably start prepping for their growth spurts..." Geez what the hell am I going do when that happens?
[5:53 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Heh. He's a cute one. Neltharion... grew with me? I think his growth was inhibited to fit mine, seeing as he was essentially born to be my mount.... or perhaps I was born to be his rider. I dont know how my father thinks. Regardless, his growth spurt happened around..... 9 years old? I know it was inhibited artificially though, so you may have a small army on your hands before the empire has fallen." Neltharion lowered his head to the level of the small wyverns, staring them down with his massive ruby-red eyes. "Imagine that. It would be a sight to see indeed.... Oh, Neltharion?"
[6:04 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: The other wyverns gathered around Neltharion returning his stares. "Oh I haven't even introduced them all yet how rude of me! Everyone get in order, in front of me!" The wyverns ran back to Mateus as they lined up in front of them. "This here is Eden she's the leader, this one is Bleu he tries to not stick out much, this is Adrammelech he's a bundle of energy, this is Mist she believes she's the most important thing in all of Junith, these two are Famfrit and Slydra they love to fight one another, and last but not least is Shemhazia she loves to talk to things but loves others talking to her even more." He then pointed to Zodiark. "And this is Zodiark. He's a shy one."
[6:23 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "By the gods, that's quite the lineup you have there. All equally adorable." Neltharion snarled, perhaps testing the resolve of the small ones. Rieze didn't act upon it, but she kneeled down next to him, making sure he didn't do anything... bad, per se.
[6:36 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: In response to the snarl most of the wyverns looked back at Mateus for any potential advice. "He's testing you. Just be tough back!" The wyverns nodded as they snarled back albeit a bit more...cutely.
[6:40 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: Rieze chuckled to herself, before smiling to Neltharion. "Come on. Show them who's boss!" This time, Neltharion actually roared fearsomely
[6:53 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: At the roar most of the wyverns fled back to Mateus which left only three still in front of him which were Eden, Adrammelch, and Mist. Eden and Adrammelch seemed mostly unfazed by the roar though Mist was clearly angry about being roared at which she let Neltharion know with a series of angry shrieks. Mateus just laughed. "Welp. I guess some wyverns are just braver then others."
[7:27 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Maybe. He is a lot bigger though. I doubt they could do much to him in any real fight." Neltharion raised his head again, ignoring Mist's shrieks. "Aww, but he is harmless. He wouldn't hurt them at all."
[7:40 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: "Yeah I know and I'm pretty sure they know too. It's just the first time something has roared at them." Mateus just laughed it off. "But still they all seem to like Neltharion. I do hope that they can become buddies. The little ones could use a role model like him."(edited)
February 24, 2017
[5:42 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Heh. It would probably be good for him too. He isn't too used to actually interacting with others of his kind." Neltharion slowly moved towards the bunch again, interested in Mist, the one that didn't back off
[10:01 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mist looked at Neltharion with the same interest as the others came back to the giant black wyvern. "Yeah I think this can be the start of a budding relationship! Actually as another question do you have any idea what you'll be doing with Neltharion after you've retired from fighting? That's probably a very very long time into the future but I wanted to know if you had anything planned out."
February 25, 2017
[5:46 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Retired from fighting? Heh, Mateus. An Ethysian never retires from fighting. Either they die on the battlefield, or they come back warmongerers. I pray I am an exception, but I can't tell. Neither can Neltharion." Neltharion once again went down to eye-contact level with Mist, ignoring the others. "I suppose im going to retire to an old cottage somewhere, stay an old soldier in case another war ever happens."
[5:56 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: "Huh is that really true? Leon was an Ethysian Soldier back in his hay day and he retired to Barentia to become a Blacksmith." Mateus scratched under Zodiark's neck as he thought about his own future. "I can never imagine being a soldier for the rest of my life but that's probably what it's going to be for me. Though I guess I could always go back to being a full-time Blacksmith if I really want to settle down. But first I want to find occupations for the little ones when they grow up and become...not as little." Please don't get big fast. Please.
[6:17 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Well, of course not everyone goes that way. Overgeneralization. But most people definitely go one of the two ways, especially with how it has been lately." Rieze chuckled a bit at her own stupidity. She had a reputation for having a one track mind back when she still led a squadron, and it really showed off now. She had never considered any "when the war is over" "I suppose both me and Neltharion will become a couple old fools until the end. Hopefully history will be kind to me anyways."
[6:28 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: "I'm pretty sure you and Neltharion will be remembered for years to come as war heroes. I for sure know I'll be lost to the tide of history. Not that it bothers me of course, I'm happy doing my part here and now." By this point most of the wyverns had lost interest in Neltharion as they went back to playing around though Mist still participated in the staring contest she was having with the larger black wyvern.
[6:33 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Pshh. Stop selling yourself short. I can already see the storybooks. 'Mateus, man of many wyverns'. And you even have a story past a petty war." Neltharion pushed his head down further, attempting to signalize to Mist to climb up. Did she understand? He didn't know
[6:54 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: "Heh perhaps you're right. I don't see it happening myself though." After Neltharion pushed his head down Mist turned to Mateus and let out a series of shrieks. Mateus gave the wyvern a thumbs-up in response. "Yeah, good job Mist!" Content with his answer Mist turned back to Neltharion and began climbing up the large wyvern. The others gave their attention back to Neltharion as they cheered Mist on as she climbed up the black wyvern.
[9:45 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: He raised his head again, giving Mist a nice vantage spot from the top of his head. "I think he has taken a liking to her. Impressive."
[11:05 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: "Yeah same with Mist. Out of the wyverns she usually has the hardest time making new friends so I'm glad her and Neltharion started off on the right foot." Mateus smiled as he watched Mist spread her wings and let out her best imitation of Neltharion's roar. "Hopefully the others can warm up to him as well."
February 27, 2017
[7:14 AM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: Rieze chuckled a bit to herself upon seeing Mist attempt to mimic the much larger wyvern, and she thought she saw somewhat of a smile on Neltharion too. Perhaps it was just her imagination. "Maybe. He does not seem to care much about them as of now though."
[7:57 AM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: "It's a relationship that will blossom over time hopefully just like a fine wine." Mateus laughed at what he just said. He sounded like some dumb old prophet. "But even if he doesn't warm up to the others I'm glad Mist has a friend now. Most are usually turned off by her personality but I'm glad I found the one wyvern who can deal with it." Now if only I can find a friend for Zodiark. That would be fantastic. Mateus's thoughts were pierced when he started to hear the hungry cries of half a dozen wyverns. "Huh? Oh...Oh by Roelia's hair it's lunchtime isn't it! Mist get down from Neltharion! It's lunchtime!" Mist made a shrill shriek as she hopped off the Black wyvern and made her way over to her siblings. "It was nice to finally have this little chat Rieze but I need to get the little ones some food before I have a riot on my hands. Say goodbye to Rieze and Neltharion everybody!" A plethora of shrill shrieks filled the air saying goodbye to the wyvern rider and her mount before Mateus and his wyverns rushed off for lunchtime.
[8:18 AM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Heh. Of course. See you later then, Mateus." Rieze looked up to Neltharion, as he watched the horde leave along with Mateus. "You miss the others, don't you? I do too, don't worry.... But hey, at least there is someone here, right?" =end-rp=


No comments:

Post a Comment