Friday, February 17, 2017

Oddballs Recording the World


February 17, 2017
[2:48 PM] Blade: A strawberry blond haired girl sat on a wagon. She continued to look at the environment around her, not very interesting but she never really seen it before. This was new to her. Everybody settled down for a rest in the dead of the night, but Terra did not, continuing to look at the bonfire from where she sat. She looked bummed out as well.
[4:13 PM] Persoon56: Church had been feeling restless ever since arriving, just feeling the need to wander the area. Waking up that night, Church just had to stretch his legs and think things over. Seeing the bonfire, Churchill decided to just sit and look at the fire, so that he could think without getting lost in the dark. As he got close to the bonfire, he noticed someone already there. "Excuse me, ma'am, mind if I sit here for a while?"
February 18, 2017
[4:56 PM] Blade: "Go ahead, I won't mind." Terra sounded dejected as she sat on the wagon crossed legged.
[6:14 PM] Persoon56: "Thank you." As he sat, his thoughts were soon drowned out by the deafening silence of the night. "I'm Churchill, who are you, milady?"
[8:49 PM] Blade: "My name is Terra, an explorer who got involved with Finn awhile back." The tribal girl had her hands on her legs, gloves covering her bare body. Her hair was tied in two tails, each of them laying on her left and right side of her body. She was crestfallen.
February 19, 2017
[6:30 AM] Persoon56: "Explorer eh? Must have some tales to tell. Pardon my asking but, um, are you alright?"(edited)
[6:31 AM] Persoon56: Churchill looked over with some concern. His hair and clothes all disheveled from both sleep and sleeplessness, he didn't look so hot himself.
[6:19 PM] Blade : "I'm just as saddened as the next drinker in the tavern. I miss my home."
[6:23 PM] Persoon56: "Where's that, if I may ask?" Churchill sighs at the whole affair and just starts to laugh, "Where the hell are we any way?"
[6:48 PM] Blade : "A seaside town in Haspen, but right now we're on the road to another place."
[6:49 PM] Blade : Terra drawled on. She wanted to punch herself for not making a map of the area right now.
[6:57 PM] Persoon56: "Hm, interesting. So...something seems to be bothering you, might I ask what?" Churchill's eyes, tired and...something else, lost maybe, flash with concern for Terra, worried about whatever ails her.(edited)
February 20, 2017
[12:19 AM] Blade : Terra looked at Churchill bewildered. She thought it was obvious. Granted, the axe fighter wasn't as mad as other girls would be. The map maker gave a long sigh, perching her head on her hands in a deflated manner. "I'm homesick. I haven't seen my home since that day..."
[5:56 AM] Persoon56: "That day...?"
[5:56 AM] Persoon56: Oh dear, if she means what I think she means...well, time to try to be tactful
[5:57 AM] Persoon56: Shifting himself into a more comfortable position, letting what little knightly decor he had left go, Churchill asked, "What happened 'that day' If I might intrude"(edited)
[9:00 AM] Blade : "The empire conquered my town with fear that day, but I decided to run away in hopes of finding anyone that can defeat them." She replied with a look of worry on her face. Her mind ran through several thoughts, each of them about her home. "Then I found you guys and Finn." Terra looked back at Churchill, positivity began to show again.(edited)
[10:40 AM] Persoon56: "Ah, yeah, I've heard that story before. If it's not steel, it's fear. Well, at least you've managed to find Finn and them all, bet he's the one who'll stop that madman." Churchill's tired features break into a small smile, "We just gotta play our parts, eh? Just wish I was better at mine." The smile falls back down to a settled, exhausted line of a mouth.
[12:13 PM] Blade : "I do too." The strawberry blonde laid down, hair all arond her. She closed her eyes and breathed slowly, chest rising up and down. "Everything has been such a blur to me. I often wonder if we'll ever win against the empire."
[1:27 PM] Persoon56: "Well, we have no choice but to hope. Just look at our victories so far, granted they were quite limited, but it's a start! We can't lose hope," Churchill's eyes tear up,"if we do, we've already lost. Oh god..." Churchill tries to pull himself together. "Guess I never told you why I'm here, eh?"
[3:50 PM] Blade : "Explain yourself then!" A hush quip came from Terra's mouth. A sly smile rose on her features. She giggled a lot, despite her glove covering her laughter. Terra was rather easy to make her laugh because of how bubbly she was.(edited)
[4:00 PM] Persoon56: "Well, it's fairly simple. I was a volunteer in Barentia, when I heard about the various exploits of Finn and his men, I knew, in a fit of...I know not what, that I had to go join him." As he speaks, Churchill grows more passionate. "I petitioned to the Queen, and she let me, probably just wanted to be rid of me, who knows. Then I rode to the man. I just...couldn't stand the idea of my home being torn asunder." Having said his piece, he grins, "Cheezy, isn't it?"
February 21, 2017
[4:06 PM] Blade : "More cheezy than the cheese merchants sell back at my old home that's for sure." Terra snickered a lot, almost to a fault. "I'm too weird for a lady don't you think?"
[4:13 PM] Persoon56: "Weird? Oh heavens no, I've known much stranger. Women with too much money, no trade and far too much time." Churchill chuckled at the memory of one specific Lady
[4:19 PM] Blade : "Oh ho! You haven't seen me, I use an axe of all things as a weapon. Women rarely ever take up weapons, but axe users themselves are just plain weird." The axe fighter explained. From what she has seen, almost every fighter that used an axe was a person who had two things between their legs. "You always relate to them as a bandit or a ruffian, but a lady? No way in heaven."
[4:38 PM] Persoon56: "Heh, I guess, though I've seen many Ladies with the temperament of a barbarian. I'm kinda similar, anyone who knows me would be shocked to see me in a cuirass atop a combat horse."
[4:39 PM] Persoon56: Church starts to recline a bit. "Guess we're both oddballs."
[6:30 PM] Fifth_Foot: "I suppose we are oddballs in an army of oddballs considering we're sided with a prince with no castle." A cheeky smile appeared on Terra's face. "This whole world is an oddity of itself."(edited)
[6:49 PM] Persoon56: "Right smarmy one, you." The smile on Church's face widens. "So, what inspired you to take on axes?"(edited)
[7:47 PM] Blade : "I was strong so I picked it up. Swords felt too flimsy and lances are not my thing." Terra looked back at her axe.
[8:01 PM] Persoon56: "Fair enough, though I've heard of amazingly heavy swords. Though...maybe we should be looking past all this, if only a little. I mean, the war won't last forever, you have any plans for after we win the war?" Churchill looks up to the sky as he says this, wondering the same thing about himself.(edited)
February 22, 2017
[9:06 PM] Blade: "I plan to still travel the world. I have my trusty axe with me!" A huge smile went into Terra's face as she grabbed her backpack. She looked through it's contents and found another map. Pulling it out, the axefighter showed off her work to the cavalier. "I make maps."
February 23, 2017
[6:10 AM] Persoon56: "Wow, these are pretty good. Do you plan to map the whole world?" Churchill lets out a chuckle at the idea.
[6:06 PM] Blade: "I plan to map the whole continent, but I might go even further."
[7:38 PM] Persoon56: "Heh, well good luck there. My plans are less grand, after all this, I intend to wash my hands of this whole soldier business. Settle down, manage the family affairs, hope that I did enough in this war to be able to retire in honor. Maybe I'll start on that novel or play I always wanted to pen." Churchill sits back and pulls out his journal, "This is where I write it all down. I'll bet I can make a great story based on even just one experience here. Or it would just light the fire under me."
[9:13 PM] Blade: "That sounds incredible..." A twinkle was visible in Terra's eyes as she thought of it. Her face spoke "giddy" on all cylinders. She was sickeningly positive. "It's marvelous to see the continent, all these places that makes you endlessly wonder. That's why I enjoy exploring."
February 24, 2017
[6:16 AM] Persoon56: "Well, I mean, it's not THAT incredible. What's incredible is exploring this land we live on. The sad part is that so many may never see it during peacetime." Churchill got up and said, "I hope things will take a turn for the better soon. Well, either way, I need to get some sleep, and I'll bet you do too, eh?"
[6:58 AM] Blade: "Yeah..." Terra laid down on her back, her hair out on all sides. She stared at the stars for a long time. "I hope so."
[6:58 AM] Blade: === END RP ===

No comments:

Post a Comment