Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Wow My Mom's Kind Of A Bitch


February 15, 2017
[11:32 AM] LadyDeme: Several Weeks Ago Now, Back in the Little Village Ianthe crinkled her nose in distaste at her surroundings. An inn's bar, meant for dusty travellers on an out of the way road. She'd paid for her tea politely, but sat before it with the haughty glare of someone who viewed the old pot, the clay-thrown mug more suited to ale than tea, even the selection of leaves, as beneath her. The blue-haired woman had come all this way, and because of some... Old confusion, she'd lost track of that wayward girl. She hadn't come here for social pleasure... But she could water her pegasus and be gone. She picked up the kettle and poured a little in, producing at last a satisfyingly dark liquid, smelling strongly of mint. The rest of the populace was watching her, as they'd watched the members of Finn's group -- with a baited breath and a hope of rare profit. Here was, after all, a clearly highborn lady, in a place which rarely saw anything finer than local beauty queens.
[11:51 AM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: Another facility, another dissapointment. Rieze had dilligently been scouring through nearly every inn, bar and store in the vicinity of the village, looking for her distant mother. The small village had a suprising amount of facilities for its size, clearly banking on travellers staying temporarily. The wyvern rider constantly ran over her "plan" in her head, figuring out what to say to impress her, perhaps even make an attempt at getting to know her better. Yet, Rieze knew that if Delphine couldn't get close to Ianthe, she had a miniscule chance. One not even worth talking about. Yet she found herself betting on that chance, wanting to improve relations with the one parent it was possible with, the one she hadn't turned on. Closing in on another Inn, Neltharion dived down in front of the stables, letting Rieze have a quick look inside. Seeing the white pegasus among the common horses told her all she needed to. The stable boy directed Rieze away once she approached with her wyvern, clearly not intent on watching over it along with the other... less ferocious animals. With nowhere for Neltharion to stay, Rieze directed him up towards the skies so he could fly for himself while she was busy. She took of her helmet as she entered the inn, noticing the woman she was looking for, taking a deep breath before moving towards her.
[12:05 PM] LadyDeme: Ianthe saw the flash of long blue hair and took a breath up, preparing to embark on a remark about her manners... When her vision reminded her of the actual girl that now was walking to the table. Ianthe might have been a little surprised, in all actuality: surprised that this girl, with no connection to her but blood, would really be intending to be here. Ianthe nodded politely, all the same. It wasn't as if she had any problem with the child... Even if her every move reminded Ianthe unceasingly of her one-time, never-time husband (depending on how one looked at it). "Good afternoon," her voice was crisp and polite, evoking nothing so much as a clear stream in autumn. "Would you care for a seat? Girl, bring Miss Silverwing a cup. Be quick," she ordered, casually, to the nearest serving-girl, who scurried off as if she'd been threatened.
[12:12 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Mother." It was a cordial greeting, although it lacked emotion. Her voice was strictly buisness, a trait she imagined Ianthe would appreciate. Her father did, so perhaps it worked here too. "Tossing around my name like that to commoners may not be the brightest idea around." Accepting Ianthe's invitation, she sat down, leaning her elbows down on the table. "Nonetheless. I can imagine you already know why I am here."
[12:20 PM] LadyDeme: "How naive... I think you'll find, for the most part, such concerns are above them; they'll have never heard the name, unlike nobility. It's better to mention it here than in a million ballrooms. Rather, I wasn't sure how you wished to be reffered." She answered. It was a meaningless matter, at the end: The Silverwing name had a long history in Ethysia, but in Arcias, it was a worthless thing. At least, for the present. By comparison, her own name could be useful here... But Ianthe couldn't imagine what Rieze would have been concerned about, even as a traitor: by the time the Ethysians could hope to have jurisdiction, they'd have been long gone. "While I have a few estimates, I'd need a stronger sense of your character to be certain enough to 'know' it. You could want many things from me: I'd be willing to provide money or answers, to a point, but I'm rather uninterested in allowing you vengence, if that's your wish."(edited)
[12:29 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "I am here for neither of those. Rather to apologize for my.... childish behavior earlier." She put extra weight on the "childish", but went silent again as the other girl returned with a cup of tea, whom she took a quick sip from before placing idly down on the table. "It was uncalled for. I simply lost my composure for a moment."
[12:34 PM] LadyDeme: "Quite so. I'll accept your apology, however," Ianthe said with a graceful nod, and a sip of her tea in return. If the offer surprised her and, say, made her at least a little impressed with Anton's parenting, she kept it off her face and out of her tone. And if that was all Rieze wanted to say, truly, she was content to leave it at that.(edited)
[12:45 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Although, I do have a couple questions regarding different matters. I don't suppose you'd have the time to possibly provide some answers, do you?" She sat up properly again, looking at Ianthe with a slightly pleading look, although it was mostly lost in her semi-constant poker face. "You only need to answer as you see fit, of course."
[12:49 PM] LadyDeme: "As I said, I have no objections. And I'm sure you would have questions... Much of it's a matter I doubt Anton would care to speak of." She swirled the tea in her cup before taking another small sip and eying Rieze calmly. As always, the incompetancies of her various paramours, men born with heirship and ambition, and very rarely practical virtues or real class, would be left to her to remedy. ...Though it wasn't as if she really wanted to remember that time in her life anyway.
[1:00 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "So.... Fath... No, Anton never spoke of you. Was that... your intention, or his?" She quickly interrupted herself as she was about to call him father, cleaning her throat again before continuing.(edited)
[1:11 PM] LadyDeme: "His. That I leave you entirely to his care on my departure was one of the conditions of the annullment... While I don't want it becoming a matter of public knowledge more than it is, I left no instruction on the matter." She answered quickly and forthrightly. It was easy enough to answer: she'd never known what Anton's intent concerning the matter had been.
[1:33 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Huh... Well, growing up without a mother was still harsh, Anton does not score too highly in the father department either, so....." Rieze shrugged nonchalantly, leaning backwards in her seat "At least I had Neltharion."
[2:03 PM] LadyDeme: She seemed hardly surprised by this, but politely declined to say anything more on the matter, of whether or not Anton was a good husband. "Still, it would have served your future better to remain at his side -- if only a while longer," Ianthe pointed out, very calmly. As if she didn't know, or perhaps didn't care, where this would have put things. "Is that your beast? It's a fine breeding."
[2:09 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "It is. I imagine you are somewhat knowledgeable on the subject too, seeing as you have a mount of your own." Although Rieze had no idea how pegasus breeds actually worked, she could make a decently good assumption just from seeing it in the stables.... or, all pegasi were just like that. She didn't know, but she made a fairly reasonable guess nonetheless.
[2:15 PM] LadyDeme: "The differences between the configurations of Wyverns and Pegasi are distinct enough that there's really no carry-over," she said in a slightly reproachful tone. "Rather, I looked into the matter of Wyvern breeeding while I was being courted by the general. I'm hardly in a position to give motherly advice, but it's always reccomended to have an interest as a snare, when a romantic question is uncertain still."
February 16, 2017
[9:33 AM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Heh. Perhaps. Although, I doubt im ever getting into affairs like those. Spent too much time fighting wars....." Rieze let out a deep sigh, taking another sip of the teacup.
[10:22 AM] LadyDeme: "You're a young lady; fighting a few wars would be hardly relevant, and might even be a point of attraction, leveraged well. These matters are entirely about such control." Ianthe said brusquely. There was never any point in counting yourself out of anything. She sighed. How had it come to this? It appears, once and for all, that blood was no promise of a worthwhile attribute. "However, my children do all appear to be fools, so I'd reccomend surviving this storm, first."(edited)
[12:00 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Perhaps. Then again, Delphine will be a good countess someday. Just give her time." She smiled abruptly, betraying her poker face for just a minute before it returned. "I think I am the bigger fool out of the two of us. Although, perhaps you have more children. I don't know."
[12:20 PM] LadyDeme: Her mouth titched slightly downard at that smile. "That girl is incorrigable. I'd say that the difference is very slight, and hardly worth smiling about." Ianthe said, shaking her head. It was really very disappointing, but at the end of the day, you had to play with whatever cards you scrounged up. And it was time to fold for this round, just about. "I do not. It's only the two of you... And, for practical purposes, mostly just her. So if it should go well for the two of you, I'll be satisfied... But I came here to tell her this isn't likely going to be something I can continue to support so openly. You may pass this along."(edited)
[2:21 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Alright." She crossed her arms again, leaning back with the same stone faced expression. "Yet, I think you could afford to believe in her. I've seen her change over the campaign. Putting some trust in her wouldn't be out of place, or... well, at least that's what I think." "Your opinion is the one that matters here, after all."
February 17, 2017
[9:50 AM] LadyDeme: "It has nothing to do with trusting her or not," she said. Though she, if it came down to it, did not trust her daughter. Too flighty, too purposeless, too bleeding-heart-foolish. And her expression didn't change, reflecting this. "The situation in Arcias is... changing. And it's in my best interest to follow my father and older brother's stance, at least for the moment being. And that, I believe... Will mean at least pretending to align myself with the Ethysian inevitability. And against the two of you. That's what I came here to tell her."
[10:44 AM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Meh." Rieze's face shifted, showing some mild displeasement. "Ethysia is doomed to fall. If we don't do it, they will eventually collapse on their own."
[12:01 PM] LadyDeme: "Such is the nature of empires. But when would 'eventually' be? Whatever intentions I have for 'eventually,' I have to make my way until then." She shook her head a little. "I don't intend to completely forsake her -- as you say, you might still manage, and I'd like to be ready for that as well. But I cannot afford to advocate for her cause in public discourse, as I have been."(edited)
February 19, 2017
[8:21 AM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Eventually? Probably pretty soon. They are executing more soldiers than the empire can even manage to enlist." She sighed deeply, remembering events that happened while she still was General Rieze. Forced enlisting of riders, people failing to tame the flying beasts, eventually children as young as her attempting to ride.... It was a horrid time. "But do what you have to. Ethysia wont care about you if you side with them or not though, that's for certian."(edited)
[8:28 AM] LadyDeme: "I think, badly-managed as it is, it's wishful thinking. When they lose a battle, I'll be convinced. I'm not expecting to be cared about," she said calmly. Cared about? Please. Obviously, she would be second-rate. But that was where she could be. She pensively sips her tea. "But the fact of the matter remains, the country will tip towards them, and it'll be worse to have not done so with them: more importantly, my interests will likely tip with them. The ones I can still hope for in earnest... If it's all that dire, perhaps I'll remarry your father. He still bears some affection I can leverage. As you say, I do what I have to... And I pity you two children, who can't do likewise," she admitted in a quiet tone.(edited)
[9:13 AM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "If there is anything left of him to remarry after everything is over...." Her voice became somber towards the end of the sentence, signifying a certian sadness over having to do what she had to. There was clearly some residual affection left for her father within her. "Hmph. I've made my peace with how things are. Its a pity we will have to show off our prowess in order to make you believe, but I understand your reasoning. Without having seen it all from within, I doubt its fully possible to understand it all anyhow."
[9:38 AM] LadyDeme: Ianthe knew better than to express that, frankly, if he could die without her needing him, that would be an ideal ending. She had, after all, left that marriage for a reason. "Yes. Is that all you wanted to see me for? Certainly, I didn't intend anything more in coming here than to tell Delphine that our interests might diverge for a time... I'm surprised it turned out this way."(edited)
[5:38 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Perhaps. I did intend to get to know you at least a little better, and I think I've succeeded there. But all I ask is that you have some faith in me.... and Delphine for that matter."
[5:39 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: She finished her teacup, pondering if she had anything more to say. She was drawing a blank though,
February 20, 2017
[5:10 AM] LadyDeme: Ianthe judged this girl in front of her -- who, frankly, had a bad track record. She'd had the chance to survive this, as much as anyone had. And she threw it into the darkness, and the uncertainty. But this was a small, and petty request. All she had to do was pretend to say yes. "I'll do my best. Don't you two disappoint me further," she answered, with a small smile. "But I'll keep thinking that you'll give me a place to return to."
[12:38 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: That almost seemed... Too easy? Its a bit of a mood turn... Oh well. I have done what I could. "My thanks. Do what you want, but the empire wont last much longer. That, I guarantee you, but you can think what you want." Rieze slowly stood up, bowing slightly before Ianthe "It has been an honor talking with you.. Mother."
[1:38 PM] LadyDeme: "We'll see how it all shakes out -- all I want is a position I can secure, for a time." Ianthe gave the girl -- her daughter, she realized, who she could do nothing for but humor her foolishness, when she could afford it, and scold it when she could not (often) -- a long, almost sad look, and a slow nod. "If you cannot look after yourselves, since you have no interests in it, at least look after each other. Today was...Surprising. But not wholly unpleasantly. Rieze."(edited)
February 21, 2017
[1:16 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: "Definitely. I do have a talent for throwing my life away on the front lines. That's just who I am. And if I die fighting on the front lines? Well, guess I fufilled the destiny my father wanted me to have."
With that, Rieze walked towards the exit, but not before giving Ianthe one last smile. "Goodbye, Mother." Neltharion was already waiting outside, with three young children playing tag around his comparatively massive body. They backed off once he started moving towards his rider, who had donned the black helmet already. One of the children stepped forward, pulling on Rieze's cape. "Are you a knight miss?" He held a fractured wooden sword in his other hand, clearly a toy worn out from a lot of use. Rieze didn't answer him vocally, she just nodded. "Woooow. That's suuper cool! I want to be a knight when I grow older!" Rieze smiled beneath the helmet, patting the kid on the head. "Just keep training. You can do it someday. I see something great in you kid." And within herself, Rieze hoped that Ianthe was watching. Because this was what she was fighting to protect. Not her own life. Not her own honor. But the future she had been willing to toss her own life away for.
[1:17 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: Maybe some day... She will understand.
[1:17 PM] Amasuri, Awaiting the New Moon: =END-RP-I-GUESS=



No comments:

Post a Comment