Friday, February 24, 2017

Pet Bonding



[6:58 AM] Blade: === END RP ===
[7:08 AM] eros: Farran smiled as he watched the black kitten on his lap play with his cape. He felt guilty of his purchase, but it made him feel better nonetheless. The road was wearing him down. He hasn't even had the opportunity to even use his skills! Not that he minded, it felt good doing...well, good. "...Was this what Mom felt after she settled down with Dad?" The self-proclaimed thief wondered outloud as he held his kitten up, looking at it in the face.
[7:10 AM] eros: The kitten replied with only a confused meow, not understanding what its new owner was saying to it. Farran chuckled as he set it down on his lap again. "No, no, little one...it's nothing."
February 25, 2017
[12:42 PM] eros: "Oh, yeah...you don't have a name yet." He looked at his kitten. "What should I call you..."
[12:44 PM] eros: Farran smirked as he scratched the kitten's chin. "Maybe...Lorenzo? Hah, nah...how about..." The male started to think about the name and ruffled his hair in thought. "Yeah! Your name is gonna be Stinky."
[12:52 PM] eros: The kitten only stared up at Farran, not really understanding much going on, but meowed anyways. "Let's see if I can get you to memorize your new name..."
[1:54 PM] LadyDeme: "Hiya!" A voice said from somewhere behind him -- a somewhat scratchy and bombastic voice that burst out into a girlish "heehehee" just after. A bird had landed on the lip of the wagon, a larger bird with a train of blue feathers. It peered down at the man and cat and giggled again. "Hiya, hiya, hiya!" "No, Hya, that's your name," commented Delphine, smiling as she stepped out from around the wagon's edge. The blue haired woman had overheard snatches of the conversation, but it didn't make sense until she saw him with a cat in his lap. She leaned a little forward, a grin on her face. She hadn't seen it before, but she also hadn't spent much time with him. "Farran was talking to this cat. Is it new?"
[2:27 PM] eros: Farran blushed and crossed his arms, not sure if Delphine had heard what he was talking about to his kitten. "...Yeah, it is. His name is Stinky."
February 26, 2017
[5:57 AM] LadyDeme: "What a sweet little thing. Kittens always are, for whatever woes they visit...Or, I guess in this case, scents?" Delphine wasn't particular to dogs or cats -- they were, in her experience, creatures of different times and places and also adorable.
"Hyacinth here's a new acquisition himself ; it seems Marie is doing some fine business from our troop. Perhaps what our souls needed was soothing, as the unrest layered up over itself, and we saw the toll it might take."
[12:52 PM] eros: "Oh, he actually smells not that bad! I just call him that because I could. I'm not good at figuring out fancy names for pets, so..." Farran tapped on his knee to get Stinky's attention away from Hyacinth. "But I guess you're right about that whole soul thing...I feel much better now that I got him."
February 27, 2017
[7:32 AM] LadyDeme: "It's a little odd name, but to the cat, I'm sure it makes no difference. And all-told, there's no difference for it to make -- a Stinky by any other name will smell as sweet," she said with a wide, pleased smile that crinkled up the corners of her eyes, enjoying a stupid, stupid joke. But what did names really amount to, anyway? Hyacinth, meanwhile, felt the stare of the cat and flew a bit higher up, nervously. He made a sort of clicking sound in the cat's direction. Delphine kept an eye on the bird, who mostly did what he wished anyway, and hefted herself up onto the stopped wagon's back bench besides Farran, pulling herself up with a grunt of effort that proudly proclaimed her not a fighter. "I don't know exactly if that's why a friend of mine bought Hyacinth... I'm not sure she's actually aware we're fighting a war sometimes, a notion that runs through me, baffling as it is relieving, and concerning as it is baffling... But that's good. People need things to get them through sometimes."(edited)
[7:58 AM] eros: "Mm..." Farran lightly scratched his kitten's chin as he thought about what Delphine said. He looked back to his gauntlet prosthetic which only served to him as a reminder of his failure. He didn't have much to go by, maybe his path to thieving was something that never needed to happen. "I guess you're right about that...I don't think that I'd be able to hold myself back if something happened to Stinky, I guess I'm starting to feel the paternal feelings rising..." Farrah laughed to himself. "I don't think I'd make a good dad, though."
[8:04 AM] eros: "My mom told me that she said just the same thing when she was having me. I hope she isn't disappointed with how I am now." He smiled to Stinky. "I just joined for the ride, but I guess I gained more than I asked for."
[8:35 AM] LadyDeme: Delphine's eyes followed his, noticing the prosthetic, perhaps really for the first time; she flicked back up to his eyes, and saw that she'd touched a nerve she didn't entirely recognize at the moment. Still, his eyes moved forward -- or, rather, back, and perhaps the result of that path was waiting there, enjoying chin scratches. "I've heard that a lot of parents say that." Delphine somehow doubted Ianthe had, for either of her children -- of course, she hadn't been a good, or even real, mother to either of them. "...Perhaps that worry helps: the concern's there to make things right. I guess you can see how you fare, getting paternally-minded over a kitten, first." She wasn't sure who was quite so lucky, to have gained more than they wanted -- certainly, a number of the troops had gained something. And a lot had lost, wild and deep. Delphine...Wasn't sure where she stood, just yet. "It's a good ride that gives you more than you had, at least. Or, at least, it's a gamble that worked for you, if not everyone. Even if it's been... Very bumpy."(edited)
[8:57 AM] eros: "I got a few friends out of this at least...and I guess an enemy? A rival? Not sure, I guess it depends on how Lorenzo sees me as. Though Artemis was pretty nice!" He put his prosthetic hand forward. "I'm Farran, by the way."
[9:18 AM] LadyDeme: "I ended up meeting my sister, and, well... Learning a lot. Losing a lot... Too," she admitted, with her head ducked just a little bit lower than before. She shook it. "Ah, but you've met the Sorines. I find Lorenzo rather kind... But he's got a turbulent core; I could try and smooth things over, if it ends up being a sincere animosity between you." Delphine chuckled a little at his introduction. She shook it, taking the moment to observe with some curiosity its weight and texture, the movements of the joints as it was released from her grip. "I do try and keep track of who I'm healing, so I've heard it before. If you haven't heard mine, though, it's Delphine."
She considered saying nothing more, since this was a delicate matter, but damnit, she just couldn't! She screwed up her face with resolve and then asked, more normally, "...Do you mind if I ask how it works? I don't mind if it's too sensitive a topic, but it's really very interesting-looking."(edited)
[9:23 AM] eros: "..." Farran only smiled at Delphine's question. The topic...wasn't really sensitive. It was more of a driving force for him to do better. "Oh, this ole thing probably runs on magic or whatever...I got this years ago. But if you have to know how, it got chopped off."
[9:28 AM] LadyDeme: To be honest, she was a little disappointed that he didn't actually know how his rather impressive prosthetic worked; that could have been a fun thing to think about, for a while, and she didn't quite hide that as well as she might have liked. "Ah, I see. Magic then... Thank you for letting me ask, anyway. I see something interesting and I have to learn whatever I can about it!"(edited)
[9:31 AM] eros: "Though, if I had to guess...it works with how I think, maybe? It's just...natural. As if you're actually moving your own hand. I just think about, for example, grabbing my sword and it works out."
[9:48 AM] LadyDeme: Delphine leaned forward, tilting her head curiously, as if that slight shift of her head could reveal some new face of this magic, itself a spell that was tantalyzingly removed from her own lessons. "Ah, so it's a magical psychic link, allowing the movements of the joints. That's more what I was wondering; while this is the reverse, and far rarer, there are a number of spells, healing spells especially, that use the thoughts of the caster to provide something more than the magic provides on its own. It's really fascinating in its own right..." She took a breath in the midst of this rapid-fire discussion of it; she'd flown through the words in a quick pace, connecting that spell to what she did, and what could be done. It wasn't a common thing, a turning of that princple backwards, but it did exist. "The more I learn it, the more I have to think... That magic is a crystallization of will, an uncaging of a dream from the white confines of thought." For the delicacy of spells, the deepest form of magic might have been anything, anything, doing to move one's will out of the heart and into the world. That it was a realization of a dream. So, at the end of it, she was looking away, and up towards where the desert sky was vivid blue, reflecting back in her softer, duller eyes and in the brightness of her blue hair. "Well, something like that, anyway. I guess I got a little distracted," she added, with an amused wistfulness. "I wonder if I could find a spell like that in a book, or a stave?"(edited)
March 8, 2017
[8:20 PM] eros: "Well...anything is possible, is what I personally believe. If you can get through what should have been a very locked tight safe, you'll get some thoughts in your head." Farran chuckled at that memory. He really thought he was on the top of the world that day. At least, until he lost his hand. "If you want my opinion, I say that you can definitely find that spell. The sky's the limit, but they were always meant to be broken anyways." Farran laid down on his back with a sigh, letting his kitten rest on his chest. "The possibilities one can have can always be endless. Well, that's what my mom taught me anyways."
March 9, 2017
[11:28 AM] LadyDeme: "I think, sir, you condescend," she commented. Delphine chuckled -- but her nose crinkled in distaste at that 'you'll get some thoughts in your head' line. She turned her head, tossing her hair so that the braid curtained off her face for just a moment, before looking down at the kitten and relenting. "You've got a point there -- still, you don't know anything about it, so maybe the only people that know it are monks up in the mountains who will guard it with their lives, or the like. It's interesting, but probably not worth murdering for.... Of course, I'm just rambling; a spell that hard to find wouldn't really produce a reliable prosthetic; I'll probably look into it when I get somewhere with a decent library, should I recall." She grinned at his last comment, sitting down despite her slightly soured mood. She could cover it in the feeling of grass underhand, the slight mosture of the ground, the decision to do so another in a long line "Your mother sounds like an excellent woman: one of the worst things someone can do is ignore the possibilities in front of them, pretend they're impossible of their own accord."
[11:43 AM] eros: "She told me how she used to be a...well, in her words, an unstoppable storm. She's been all over the world before settling down with my dad...I guess you can say she's one of the reasons I've been traveling." Farran smiled. "Sorry about being condescending, though...I probably should have worded that better in all honestly..."
[12:27 PM] LadyDeme: "Probably. I think you'll find I have a good many thoughts in my head, and if we're to be friends, you'll end up bombarded with them," she pointed out with a playful tone to her voice. There was, though, an opportunity to collect a little more information on one of their fellows, and she pounced on it. "Ah, you'll have to tell me a few of those stories sometime! Where did she settle down, at least for a time?"(edited)
[1:12 PM] eros: Farran hummed as he thought of the stories his mother told him. "At first, she had settled down in Haspen during her journey. She said that that was the moment she had met my dad. She told me that he was so very kind, that she felt as if she didn't deserve him. Why? She had never really told me...she said that she eventually changed her ways once they got involved. 'Love is a minefield of choices' is what she told me." He looked back at his gauntlet. "They eventually decided to travel together, stopping at Damona....
[2:35 PM] LadyDeme: "Ah, I see." She raised her eyebrow at an anachronism like 'minefield,' but let it slide for the moment. It seemed a long and complicated story... And from the sound of it, one that might have been a little frightening, too. Delphine's own lovelife had been... Rather pushed aside, for the moment, and so she sighed. "It sounds like an interesting story indeed. My own parents were...Well, not romantic types. So no mending of ways or wandering the world for them."
[3:00 PM] eros: "Don't wanna talk about em'?" Farran raised himself up with a sigh, making sure to hold on to his kitten and not let Stinky fall.
[8:46 PM] LadyDeme: "I don't mind talking about them; I wouldn't mention them otherwise... If I speak poorly of them as lovers, or as romantics, it's because that's what there is to see. Theirs was a political and practical marriage, between two political and practical people -- in their own ways. " Dried grass scratched up against her hand. Delphine picked it up, and let the blades tumble down in pale scattering.
March 15, 2017
[7:31 AM] eros: "Oh..." Farran thought about his parents, he never really considered other people's relationships with theirs... "Then...this might be a little insensitive considering the topic, but what about you? What's your ideal romance? I can tell you mine in exchange."
[7:48 AM] eros: "Knight in shining armor? Or maybe you prefer being the knight? Red thread of fate? Or do you consider that too cliche?"
[8:12 AM] LadyDeme: "My ideal? Oh, I've got too many to count. Even a passing summer fling is ideal, isn't it? Little spring flirtations.. Not a red thread of fate, though; ." Her bell-like giggle filled the air. Blue strands of hair twirled and untwirled around her finger as she reflected more softly, a gentle smile on her face. When she spoke again, it was a soft tone, blossoming almost song-like as she went, "As for something more...Stable, perhaps... I don't want a cliche like that; some artful notion of a person, concealing something far vaster and more lovely, deeper and truer than that... I don't care their position, or sex, or appearance. If I wanted to love someone, not just for a moment but for a long time, I'd want to know them in more ways than that. Someone I can enjoy spending time with, who I can show the things I find lovely to, without worry, and laugh away the time, arm-in-arm; someone I can trust enough, to show my weakest and ugliest faces to; someone who trusts me enough that I can see their weaknesses, too; someone who can show me new things, through their eyes full of love... Including myself. Love is, however fleeting, the creation of a world between two people -- everything is seen differently, which is all but the same as being transformed." She gestured out towards something, her hands having gestured through the whole of the speech... And then slowly brought her hands to her chest. She blinked as if she'd stepped into the sun, suddenly silent.(edited)
[8:24 AM] eros: "..." Farran rubbed the back of his neck and tried to cover the blush that rose on his face. He...never really expected such an answer for a question that only really meant to change the topic. The male thought of his own ideal romances. As he thought, nothing...really came to mind. He was half sure that perhaps, nobody would waste their time on one such as him. He only smiled as he lowered his arm. "You...really put a lot of thought in that answer. Maybe...I don't really know what I'm talking about, we even kinda just officially got to know about each other and..." He took a deep breath. "I guess what I want to say without sounding like a fool is...I do hope you really meet that special someone."
[8:43 AM] eros: He fiddled with his fingers, trying to find the words for his own ideals. "...Maybe this is cheating, but that's what I would like too. Someone who can look past my faults and all. Besides, I'm sure nobody would like to be with some sort of thief with a missing arm. Ideals weren't really things that like to come true for me, haha..." He chuckled to himself as he felt his prosthetic. "...I decided to try and raid a castle on my own, once. It was a few years back. I had wanted to take back what the people deserved, the owner wasn't really the kind and courteous type. I went with it thinking it was a noble cause. But really...I just wanted to impress that special someone, I guess..." He took off his prosthetic and raised it in his other hand. "You can see how that went." He smiled as he put it back in place. "I never really thought much about my parents, but maybe I just wanted someone who wouldn't think otherwise of me."
[8:44 AM] eros: "It worked out for my mom, so maybe...it can work out for me. I like to stay optimistic about my falls."
[9:04 AM] LadyDeme: "Ah, well, I think..." She blinked again, reviewing the facts, and the feelings and triple-checking for error. She might have been thinking about walking down a cloudy city street, or holding someone's hand on the deck of a ship. Of strong syllabics, and a cute red face. She might have... She might have been thinking about that for longer than she reckoned. Her hand worked itself up to a flushed face, feeling the heat rolling off into her palm. Oh, she thought. Oh. She snapped out of it when she listened to his story, pulling her from her own thoughts of love. While there were things about thievery she didn't approve of, this hardly seemed the time... Besides, while she could discuss the actual problems with that premise in terms of positively effecting the lives of the people, his heart was in a good place. She batted him on his good arm. "You're being hard on yourself; after all, when all this is done, youll be a war-hero who fought a literal god-emperor: the ladies and gents get all hot and bothered for that. Besides... Even in that story, there's a lot to like. It didn't work out, but there's a dashing risk-taking -- maybe too much, it'd worry a person a rather lot, if they really cared -- and a noble sense of justice to you."(edited)
[9:13 AM] eros: "...oh." He paused after suddenly being complimented like that. He didn't really know how to reply to that, he never really received some sort of praise for his acts. Understandably so, but...he had only wanted to do something. Farran held his breath as he tried to reply to that, mentally berating himself for even feeling like he's about to have a moment to shed a tear. "I...thanks..." Farran gave her a smile that wavered for a moment. But he was genuinely happy for this.
[9:17 AM] eros: "S-Sorry, I probably look a bit silly..." he chuckled as he rubbed his eye with his good hand
[10:15 AM] LadyDeme: She gave him a gentle shoulder pat. Even if she could berate her own tears -- no, even if she always expected better for herself... Those were things between only herself, and an awareness in someone else's eyes... She wouldn't let him get away with what she could see better, from where she stood. And so it was just a soft little touch, and a warm smile. "I know I can be quite overwhelming, for a girl who needs to get thoughts in her head," she chuckled, more at herself than at him. "So you don't look silly at all. And...You're very welcome. I'm sure Stinky feels the same way."
[2:25 PM] eros: Farran looked down at his now sleeping kitten. He gave Stinky a short stroke and looked back to Delphine. "Say, um...you said something about 'if we're were to be friends,' right? So...do you want to be friends?"
[2:56 PM] LadyDeme: "Little late to ask that, don't you think? But yes, that's rather what I was implying," Delphine said with a chuckle.
March 16, 2017
[8:08 AM] eros: "O-Oh! M-my bad..." he smiled as he rubbed his neck. "So..." he held his hand out. "Friends?"
[11:49 AM] LadyDeme: Her smile crinkled up the edges of her eyes as she shook his hand. "Well, better late than never, right? I'd already decided, so no worries. Friends."
March 17, 2017
[10:06 AM] eros: Farran couldn't help but fpump his fist on impulse. "Yes!" Once he realised what he did, he blushed and tidied himself up, giving the kitten a little apology for waking it up. "S-Sorry..."
[12:35 PM] LadyDeme: == RP End ==



No comments:

Post a Comment