Thursday, February 23, 2017

Heroes (Not For the Faint of Heart)


February 23, 2017
[1:42 PM] FINA PLEASE LOVE ME: "...Stay here, Ferdinand." Javier commanded his steed, giving the winged horse a firm pat on the neck as the two touched down on the land below them. With a prompt huff from the pegasus, the rider dismounted before gathering some rope from his pack and tying said mount to a post-probably stuck in the ground by the already established caravan camp for the night. At the sound of a discontented whinny, Javier's head perked up as he was rummaging through his pack. His eyes narrowed into a glare at the mount before he had drawn a carrot, waving it around in front of Ferdinand's eyes, quickly hushing the whines of the pegasus. The silent yet hungry eyes of the pegasus followed the carrot with intensity before he had decided to snap at the carrot, only to have it pulled away by the rider himself, followed by a prompt and scolding "Ah-Uh-Uh, not yet!" "I need my share as well," Javier teased, taking a bite of the carrot and chewing agonizingly slowly before finally offering the vegetable to the steed. "Now you can have it." And with another quick snap from Ferdinand, the carrot was gone, lost to the confines of the winged horse's mouth. After letting out a scoff and shaking his head, the pink haired pegasus knight gave his mount a friendly pat before kneeling down and checking his pack, counting his equipment and his inventory in the light of the setting sun.
[2:13 PM] Deallocate: A young woman sat beneath the shade of a small tree near where the travelling caravan had stopped for the night. The sight of a tree was a rarity in the scarce plains, and Shanoa intended to take full advantage of the respite it provided from the unyielding heat of the sun. She was reading a worn leatherbound book intently, and didn't even notice as the pegasus rider touched ground within a dozen meters of her. It wasn't until the Ferdinand whinnied loudly that the scarlet-haired woman looked up from her studies. Her bright green eyes seemed to light up when she caught sight of the winged horse, and the young woman didn't hesitate to close her book with a satisfying 'snap' and rise smoothly to her feet. She made her way over to the young man and his steed, her brilliant scarlet hair billowing behind her as a light breeze swept across the plains. "Why, aren't you the most handsome thing I've ever laid eyes on." she said in a smoothing voice as she approached the duo. Initially seeming like she was complimenting Javier, she walked past him as he was kneeling on the ground near his pack and stopped before the pegasus, not wishing to startle it. After taking in the sight of the magnificent creature, the dark-clothed herbalist turned to offer Javier a pleasant smile. "I must say, your pegasus looks amazing. You must take very good care of him. What's his name?"
[2:35 PM] FINA PLEASE LOVE ME: Javier's head perked up once more, not at the sound of his pegasus but at the compliment of the herbalist. He furrowed a brow at the woman's words before standing himself up after she had walked past him, his face expressing understanding as the fire slinger continued to focus on the man's steed. As she turned and continued to compliment the pegasus knight and his mount, he reciprocated the friendly gesture with a smile of his own. "Ah, why thank you," Javier responded with a nod of his head and a brief adjustment of the headband at the top of his forehead. While he did that however, the man would continue to answer, "His name is Sir Ferdinand the fourth and he's one of the best pegasi that Arcias can offer."
[3:02 PM] Deallocate: "Is that so? Well, he certainly looks the part." Shanoa flashed him a foxy smile. "Similarly, given how handsome you are, one would assume you were one of the best men Arcias has to offer." she said, flirting without reservation. The stunning woman broke eye contact as Ferdinand captured her attention once again. She reached out a hesitant hand towards the winged horse. "How comfortable is he around strangers? I wouldn't want to startle him..."
[5:10 PM] FINA PLEASE LOVE ME: At the flirtatious remark, Javier stood tall with his back straight before placing a flat hand over his chest plate. With a small bow, the man responded: "Why thank you, I'm not sure what handsomeness of all things has to do with it, but I did graduate from the Arcian military academy at the top of my class." Using the same hand on his chest plate, he gestured towards his white steed. "...As for Ferdinand, he can be a bit of a show-off sometimes and as such he just loves any attention he can get." Javier continued, shaking his head somewhat as his pegasus letting out a prompt snort before holding his head high. "So by all means, feel free to give him a few pats, I have no qualms with it and neither should he."
[8:36 PM] Deallocate: The vibrant young woman didn't hesitate to stroke his mane affectionately. A pleasant smile crossed her face, and she leaned in closer, contented. "There aren't many horses where I hail from, so they've always fascinated me. Pegasi even more so. And while there have been plenty of horses on our journey, I don't always have the opportunity to interact with them, though." Shanoa gestured to the small book in her other hand. "I've been trying to keep up with my studies." "Oh, but I'm forgetting my manners!" she said, chiding herself. "My name is Shanoa, and like you, I serve Finn. I'm an herbalist by trade, though I aid in battle when I can." She looked sheepish. "I'm not particularly skilled, though, and I usually end up in the infirmary alongside the very patients I'm supposed to be healing."
February 24, 2017
[1:14 PM] FINA PLEASE LOVE ME: At the woman's gentle touch, Ferdinand let out a light whinny before bowing his head somewhat almost as if he were silently asking for more. At the sight of his steed's actions, Javier rubbed the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger, this was something he expected but it was still annoying nonetheless. Regardless of that, however, he let out his breath before letting his arms lock behind his back as he stood at attention. "Herbalism? You know, from my time as a rookie guarding a few merchants, I've found that profession to be quite interesting, Miss Shanoa." Javier commented, raising his eyebrows and tilting his head a tad off center before standing tall and placing a flat hand over his chest-plate once more. With a brief bow, the man introduced himself. "As for me, my name is Javier Morarti, I am a dragoon in the 17th Arcian Pegasus Knight Regiment issued here by Prince Finn alongside Milady Noelle."
[9:03 PM] Deallocate: The young woman giggled at Ferdinand's reaction before continuing her conversation with her newly-met acquaintance. "I know, right? People nowadays are using staves more and more, when nature provides us with adequate resources to heal the sick and wounded. It's definitely a dying field, and one with unexplored benefits." she said, seeming quite impassioned. "Which is why I hope to pioneer new techniques in the field." The witch seemed to come across an idea. "Hey, you know, if you ever want to help, I could always use more assistants to test my herbal remedies on! A strapping man like you would be the perfect subject." "A dragoon, huh?" Shanoa asked, cocking her head. "Interesting. I can't say I've met one before. If you'll pardon my question, what is it that you do, exactly? Aside from helping certain princes by filling out their regiments, of course."
February 25, 2017
[6:58 AM] FINA PLEASE LOVE ME: "Testing herbal remedies? Well, I suppose if I find enough time between my trainings I could assist you in your endeavor." Javier responded to the offer, breaking his stiff stance into a more comfortable one with a pair of raised eyebrows and promising smile. At the question, however, the pegasus knight shifted back to his previously tall pose with a more austere expression. "As for what I do," He spoke, addressing Shanoa as if he were advertising his position. "I soar along the skies-usually with a squadron, but this situation is a different one. I go where I am needed and flank those who dare to cower behind the shields of their allies. I am relentless, and if instructed to, I am unafraid to slay whoever I need to. Wherever they are. Whenever I can." "Nevertheless, I make sure to serve my country and serve it well."
[12:42 PM] Deallocate: Shanoa raised her eyebrows, visibly impressed. "Whoah. Sounds like an adventurous life. The exact opposite of my own." she said. "Is that the kind of thing you live for? Flying around the world, as your country bids you? Defending it against those who would do it harm? Protecting the weak and helpless? Rescuing maidens and flying off into the sunset with them in your arms?" The herbalist had a dreamy look on her face, and was staring off into space. "It sounds so... romantic." She focused on Javier once again. "Like, not even the lovey-dovey romantic. But rather the 'Oh, my hero!' kind of romantic." She chewed on the inside of her lip. "I've always wanted to be a hero. Have people actually appreciate me for what I've done. Seems like the best kind of life one could live." Shanoa leaned closer to him. "You are that kind of hero, right?"
[10:36 PM] FINA PLEASE LOVE ME: Javier simply stood there, his expression completely neutral as Shanoa went on about the heroism and passion and romanticism involved in his job all the while seeming like she was just about ready to swoon right on into his arms. Keeping his hands locked together behind his back, he somewhat agreed with the statements with a collected demeanor. "Well, the popularity of my role certainly varies. Most refer to me as a hero, yes, but there are others in my country who are..." He paused, looking off to the side as if searching for the right words. "Less than faithful who view me as a warmongering zealot. While I will admit that war is indeed a part of my job, these are the same people who believe that Milord Theron is an unfit leader and that his blood should run through the streets... nothing more than degenerates who take their land for granted..." With a brief shake of his head, the man looked back up at Shanoa with a sharp and exasperated sigh. "Sorry, I got a bit off track there, but yes, I like to believe that I am that kind of hero." He smiled somewhat weakly, a small nod helping to solidify his answer.
February 26, 2017
[8:19 PM] Deallocate: The maiden seemed taken aback by his response. "I... see. Glad to hear it." She then nodded in return, as if assuring herself to his beliefs. "I'm sure if a man of your caliber holds Sir Theron in such high regard, he can't be anything but the pinnacle of a good leader." Shanoa seemed to ponder something momentarily. She suddenly clasped both her hands together and gave Javier an imploring look. "I've decided. Please teach me how to be a hero just like you!" Her eyes were pleading. "I'm a quick learn, really! Maybe I can even be your sidekick; I'm sure I won't hold you back."
[8:53 PM] FINA PLEASE LOVE ME: Javier's eyes widened at the offer, his expression showing bewilderment at the suddenness of it before softening into a look of impressment. A skeptical smirk tugged at a corner of his mouth as the man shifted his arms in order to fold them. "Are you certain?" He asked, eyes narrowing on the woman as she seemed to beg him with her every bit of her being. Unfolding his arms, he leaned towards the herbalist until they had met on eye-level, he then continued, making his point quite firm. "My ways may seem appealing, but as several other Arcian rookies can confirm, they are not for the faint of heart, Miss Shanoa."
[9:16 PM] Deallocate: Shanoa's bright green eyes didn't break away from his for a second. "Oh, you needn't worry about me." she said, a smug grin easily sliding onto her face. "Don't mistake my physical frailty for lack of willpower. I think you'll find that I'm more than capable of burning long into the night." She twisted a strand of scarlet hair idly around one finger, causing a few sparks to fizzle into existence. "Rather, are you sure you're up to the task of handling me? I won't lie; I can be a bit of a handful at times. Wouldn't want you to get burned out." The herbalist made no effort to increase the distance between them. "Of course, taking me on should be child's play for a hero, right?" she said. Her voice was playful, almost teasing in nature.(edited)
February 27, 2017
[6:39 PM] FINA PLEASE LOVE ME: Javier let out a resounding Hmph at Shanoa's words. Is this supposed to be a challenge? He thought, crossing his arms and sticking his chin a bit higher into the air as he shifted some of his weight onto a leg. "Well then, I must say that you have surprised me." Javier commented, a smirk crossing his expression, "With the way you were acting earlier I expected some dainty flower of a woman, I'm glad to see that the people I'm working with aren't as incompetent as they seem." The man let out a brief laugh before at long last, relaxing his pose. "Well, I suppose that we'll have to see about that, won't we?" He asked, narrowing his eyes on the taunting woman before taking note of the disparity between the two. He gave his head a brief shake with the same smirk on his face. "Well, I suppose I should leave you to return to your studies, then. It was a pleasure meeting you, Shanoa, and I'm looking forward to working with you in the future."
February 28, 2017
[1:02 PM] Deallocate: Her eyes widened in mock surprise. "Me? Dainty? Please. You would do well not to judge others by appearance alone, Sir Javier. I would hate to see you underestimate an opponent." She resumed her sly grin once again before giving a small wave. "Farewell, Mr. Hero." Shanoa retreated back under the shade of her tree before resuming her book.
[1:14 PM] FINA PLEASE LOVE ME: Javier responded only with a wave and a challenging smile before turning around and gathering his belongings. The sound of lances clinking together would be the only clue Shanoa would hear about his departure before the man and his mount seemed to vanish upon looking up. What an interesting group... He thought to himself, giving Ferdinand one final pat for the evening...
[1:14 PM] FINA PLEASE LOVE ME: =====End RP=====



No comments:

Post a Comment