Saturday, February 25, 2017

Living Up To The Legends


[5:40 PM] MCVII - The Whale: Lorenzo sits on the edge of one of the caravan's carriages, journal in one of his hands. He sketches on a page slowly, at some points closing the small book to open the one sitting on his lap (a book he had purchased off of the tomeseller for a meager price) and study a page or two. He grins, slowly filling out the somewhat shapeless form on the parchment.
February 25, 2017
[12:17 PM] Birb - Sky: Viana was out doing her daily (or y'know, more than just daily) run around. She usually just kinda goes and runs around places where people aren't, but today she was feeling spunky. "Woooooo" she screamed excitedly as she felt the wind through her hair That's when she spotted Lorenzo. "Oh hey, a person, wonder what he's up to!" She runs towards him as she calls out to him: "hey sword dude! What'cha -- oof!" the wind got knocked out of her as she tripped fell on the ground in front of her. She lifts her head up and laughs as she finsishes her thought as if nothing just happened. It's not like this is anything out of the ordinary after all "...what'cha doing there?"
[3:23 PM] MCVII - The Whale: Lorenzo raises an eyebrow, his scribbling disrupted by the archer. He hesitates for a moment--is she really alright?--and decides to answer her question. "As if from the gods themselves, milady, I have found great inspiration--a muse--who I for sake of memory must draw." Hrm. Could have done better on that last line. He shows her his journal page, the drawing the only thing on it. It's not the best picture, but it was a good enough rendition of a black knight, wielding a great silvery blade. "I've it here: the great Black Knight and his blade, the grand Alondite. They would fight as one against the Radiant Hero and comrades."
[3:46 PM] Birb - Sky: Viana, still on the ground, slowly got up and dusted herself off, while listening to the sword dude answer her question. She looks upon the drawing he had made as she took a seat beside him. "Woahhhh! That's a really good drawing you did there! I wish I could draw like that, but I'm no good with that sort of thing. At least not as good as Delphi. She's pretty good at drawing! Ohoh, and singing! And Hya is pretty good at singing too... I wonder how good at drawing he is..." She realized she was beginning to ramble and she waved a hand in front on her "Oh, sorry, I'm rambling again! Oopsies! Anyway, what's ya name, mister sword dude? I'm Viana, the purple archer lady of this place! I remember seeing you around, but I've never really spoke much with you... I think your name was... Lauren or something, right?" She tried her best to recall his name, but that was the best name she could think of, so she just went with it and gave a smile.
[3:56 PM] MCVII - The Whale: He waves the book dismissively, shutting it and stowing it away. "Pah. My scribbles lack any majesty. The picture flatters not, but it shall serve me enough to keep me good and proper." Hearing the introduction, the armor knight hops from the carriage, smiling. "My name is Lorenzo Sorine, son and heir to one of milord's lost counties."
[4:04 PM] Birb - Sky: "Oh nonsense! It was like lots lots lots more majestic of drawings I could do, that's for sure! hehe!" she giggled She smiled as she put out her hand as an offer to shake
[7:31 PM] MCVII - The Whale: He shakes her hand, shrugging. "'Twas not my intention to draw it well for sake of drawing it well, so... thank you." He gives a curt nod.
[7:38 PM] Birb - Sky: "Yeah, no problem! Just calling how I see it!" Viana gives another goofy giggle "Y'know, maybe some other time, you could draw that other guy from that story! I think he had purple hair and muscles! Er um... maybe it was blue hair? Yeah, I don't remember, but I remember this big, cool sword! Of course, I don't remember what it looked like either, but I can remember it being cool and hugeee!" She smiled and breathed in as she had kinda rambled it all out in one breath, something she was pretty good at out of habit. The speech was usually slow enough to understand, unless she got really excited or angry or something. "Huh... maybe you give me a few pointers sometime? Or like... are you just magically good at art or something? Is it contagious?" She put extra emphasis on the "magic" part
[8:07 PM] MCVII - The Whale: He nods. "Yes, yes... the grand Radiant Hero, Ike... But I've no reason to draw the man." Lorenzo shrugs, glancing back at the book he had left on the carriage. "I am not an artist--nor do I teach art. My profession is the business of war... So 'tis no magic. I'm a natural..." He frowns thoughtfully. "'Tis must be so. I don't draw that much."
[8:09 PM] Birb - Sky: "hehe, well you certainly draw more than I do at least." She gave a sincere smile "And... sometimes not having a reason is a reason in itself, y'know? hehe, at least that's my motto! Just do what feels right and good! Besides, there's no shame in anything if it makes you happy."
[8:19 PM] MCVII - The Whale: The armor knight shrugs slightly. Him, an artist? There was little chance--unless 'acting' like he did counted as art. "Perhaps you are correct, Viana, but I have never found joy in drawing before. My muse is not for drawing the Black Knight, it is the sable commander himself."
[8:23 PM] Birb - Sky: "Not sure what "sable" is supposed ta mean, but if you ask me, it sure seemed like you were happy with what you were doing. Like... if you don't find joy in it, not even a little, what's the point, y'know?" Viana was the kind of person that only did things if she thought it would make herself or others happy.
February 26, 2017
[12:45 AM] MCVII - The Whale: "Sable is black, Viana. Dark. Shadowy. 'Twas not the act itself that I enjoyed--or perhaps it may have been a little--but my discovery of such a knight." He grabs the book, opening to some pages he bookmarked. "The Black Knight... one without fear or peer, wielding a weapon of holy might... of such strength, this armor knight can only dream. This would be my happiness, Viana." He smiles, waving the book slightly.
[7:06 AM] Birb - Sky: "ohhhhhhh, I get it nowwww! Being strong in battle makes you happy right? Like this "sable" person, right? Hehehe, well, even if I didn't quite know your name before now, I could see you're a great asset to our little team! I mean, alllll of us kinda have to be pretty good with such the small group we have, but I know for certain that you can take more hits than most, so thats pretty similar to that special black Knight guy, huh?" She giggles again. " I wish to grow even stronger... Then maybe I can be even happier! At least that's what seemed to work for you, right?" She said, ending with a large smile(edited)
[3:33 PM] MCVII - The Whale: He nods, smiling with a bit of pride. "Ay, and my armor seems blessed, like his, for each blow I've weathered but scratches it. I've no holy blade, but I'll have his strength in time, whether through my blade or my own power." He gathers his things, hugging the book to his chest. "Should you find joy in the din of battle, you will find happniess from gaining strength, I assure you." Hrm. Bit awkward on that last stanza...
[5:12 PM] Birb - Sky: "hmm... well that means if you get a special sword, you might become legend like the black knight dude! hehe, can I have an autograph, pretty pretty please? Then when you become the next legend, I'll some cool thing to show off to my babies or grandbabies someday! To be friends and fight alongside a legend! How great!" She let out a quiet excited squeal "eeeeeeeeeeee oh oh oh! I know! I can give you a signature too! If my wish of growing stronger becomes true, then that'd make me a legend too, wouldn't it?! eeeeeeee quick, let's exchange autographs!!"
[6:38 PM] MCVII - The Whale: Lorenzo raises a skeptical eyebrow, but shrugs. "Certainly, should we succeed in this war, we shall be great liberators of our home... though I am quite unsure that your children, whether they be but peasants or nobles, would understand it or its importance." He pauses, then continues. "Perhaps once we put this duty past us, you could visit me in Floribar's court?"
[7:44 PM] Birb - Sky: "Sure, I'd love to visit everyone here! It'd truly be nice! And as for the children... well I'll just have to make sure they understand the importance! Even, if it won't be important to them as it was to me, I want them to understand how things used to be and how important it is for us to succeed... makes sense to me! Besides, Loren... I think they'll think it'd be super cool if their mommy or grandmommy knew someone that was legendary! Even more so if I was legendary!" Viana said this while signing her own name, which was oddly beautiful, which isn't quite what you'd expect from a scatterbrain like Viana. "Here ya go! I would wish us luck on becoming legendary, but I'm sure we'll get there if we try hard enough, so we hardly need luck!" She smiled a smile full of confidence, innosense and...goofiness(edited)
[7:49 PM] Birb - Sky: "Hmmm.... though now that I think about it... If you'll become legendary with a sword... Does that mean I need a legendary bow too?! SWEEEETT!!! Now I just have to find one! Wait, no, that's how it works... I need work hard to earn it! Or... something like that! hehehe" Viana giggled as she thought out loud to herself
[8:22 PM] MCVII - The Whale: Lorenzo nods, removing his journal again to write his name on a blank page--along with a shape that looked vaguely like his house's coat of arms--and tore it out, handing it to her. "Ay, ay... But legends are not born through slabs of steel. Legends are made through battle and effort; the knave who possesses Rhesus' greatsword hath no merit should he not use the blade, and is doubly so if he just attempts--and, through falling in battle, failing to. Should you wish to be known far, Viana, I implore you to strengthen yourself. Train." He nods patiently as she talks, thinking to himself. She certainly has... a lot to say.
February 27, 2017
[5:41 AM] Birb - Sky: Viana takes the paper carefully and let's out another screeee "Wow, thank ya, Lorennn!!" She said with a grand smile. Oh, I almost forgot! ... Now's not the time to daydream like this, I'm in a conversation After a while of daydreaming while staring at the autograph, she turned a little red and spoke again "And uh... Don't worry about the training part... Truth be told, I've been secretly aiming at trees and things in nearby woods for a while now... I can't protect Delphi without making sure I can hit my targets! ... But uh, perhaps I should start training with my strength too..." She pondered for a moment (rare of her) *If this doesn't work out, I suppose I'll have to find someone to train with..." "Well I guess I'll go do that now then! Thanks again, Legendary Lorennn~!!!" She called out and she started running again, waving to Lorenzo as she goes. The conversation and autograph fueling her drive to train even more.
[6:49 AM] MCVII - The Whale: "Lo-ren-zo!" ==lor-end-o==



No comments:

Post a Comment