Saturday, January 28, 2017

Searching for the Sage



January 28, 2017
[5:09 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: A middle aged woman sat on a bench in the midst of the village, flipping through a book entitled, Elight to Nosferatu, a History of Light Magic. She gently flipped the pages as she read each one.
[5:14 PM] Ignia: Artemis was wearing her hood up, as she walked around the village, looking for someone in particular. She noticed the woman reading the book about light magic and hummed, hesitantly asking, "...I'm sorry to disturb you miss, but may I ask you a question?"
[5:16 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: "Ah, yes, it's quite alright; I'm just reviewing my history on light magic, is all. What do you need?" she put her finger on her page and closed the book on it to save her page, looking up at Artemis.
[5:19 PM] Ignia: "I'm actually looking to speak with someone...I've heard rumors that someone around the village is knowledgable about the the Sage. Would you happen to know who that rumors would be refering to?"
[5:22 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: The woman looked somewhat surprised, "You seek to learn more about the Sage, eh? Well, I'm your woman for that... or anything else you need really." She gave a gentle smile, "I'm Danielle, it's a pleasure to meet you, miss...?"
[5:30 PM] Ignia: Artemis curtsied with a smile, "Artemis, miss Danielle. It seems I didn't have to search too long..." "You see, my prince and Princess Noelle look to seek out the sage around these parts. And it would be best if we didn't go in blind."
[5:36 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: "Yes, I understand. Best to be prepared, right?" she laughed softly, before taking a pause to collect her thoughts. "The Sage, as you may know by now, is an ancient man- older than anyone else on the planet. As such, he doesn't travel to much, though you'd probably expect that. He does, however, stop here in town sometimes. He's told us his home is only a matter of minutes away to the south. Strangely, no one's ever found its exact location."
[5:52 PM] Ignia: Artemis nodded, absorbing the information, "There are rumors that he's a prophetic sage. Would you happen to know if that's true or if it's simply rumors, miss Danielle?"
[6:00 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: "Prophetic? I'd most certainly say so, yes. He once predicted a great storm that would pass it's way by our village several months in advance. Some say he had even predicted the result of this war, though I haven't heard him say so myself."(edited)
[6:08 PM] Ignia: "Hmmm," She nodded, looking thoughtful, "You know an incredible amount about the Sage, have you ever gotten to meet him in person?"
[6:10 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: "I have, in fact! I've had the pleasure of speaking to him a few times when he visits our village. He's a wonderful man to meet in person."
[6:11 PM] Ignia: "Oh? What's he like in person? Larger than life or does he seem like a regular guy, just a lot older than the rest of us?"
[6:13 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: "I'd say he is, as you put it, 'larger than life,' certainly. Not too much more than you and me, but he seems to be special for sure."
[6:31 PM] Ignia: "Thank you for answering my questions, Danielle." She curtsied, "Is there any way I could repay you for all this information? ....And disturbing your reading?"
[6:36 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: "No, don't worry about that - a nice chat is a pleasant break from my studies every now and then," she smiled. "In fact, for that, I think, maybe, I should be the one giving you this!" she reached into her pocket and took out a small piece of paper, "Take this to a library, and pick out any book you wish. They'll give you a discount. I love sharing the joy of reading with anyone I can."
[6:37 PM] Ignia: "Oh?" Artemis accepted the small piece of paper, "This is great...I was hoping to pick out more reading material soon." "Thank you so much, Danielle."
[6:41 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: "No problem, Artemis. But now, I must return to my studies. Feel free to come back if you have any more questions about the Sage... or anything really," she opened her book to the page she saved, and commenced reading.
[6:41 PM] Ignia: "Of course, Danielle." She curtsied one last time before heading off.
[6:43 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: [Artemis obtains the Tome Discount]
[6:43 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: ===End RP===



No comments:

Post a Comment