Saturday, January 21, 2017

Rebellious Children Tangling with Death


[11:36 AM] Ignia: The moon was high in the sky and Artemis was looking over the Sacred Lake, sitting at a shore, not really worrying over the waves lapping at her boots, It's weird, I've seen the Lake before but for some reason, today just feels...more special, more calming. The thunder mage simply leans back, book in hand, reading and enjoying the night's peace.
[3:17 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: As the Thunder Mage rested at the lake she would see seven baby wyverns with varying shades of blue scales walking in a single file line with each one carrying a small sack in their mouth. The line stopped as the wyverns then created a circle as they rhythmically dumped out the contents of the sack onto the ground which mostly consisted of cut up pieces of meat. With shrieks of delight and ignoring the woman reading her book the wyverns began to eat their meal.
[3:22 PM] Ignia: The sound of the wyverns drew her attention from the book she had been studying. She blinked a bit, observing them with a bit of shock, a bit of curiosity. Wyverns...in Arcias? Has Ethysian's invasion affected the wildlife as well? She took a closer look, the moonlight helping her to see the sack that the baby wyverns were carrying, Not wild then... She pulled up her hood to hide her white hair, and quietly snuck towards the group of wyverns.(edited)
[3:35 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: The wyverns continued to eat their dinner happily not noticing the woman inching ever closer to them.
[3:41 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Happy shrieks fill the air as the wyverns clearly enjoy their meal.(edited)
[3:46 PM] Ignia: Did that lance fighter let his wyverns out to play? She narrowed her eyes, looking around the shore from the shadows of a tree, "Hm, I can't imagine he would have let them out of his sight this late at night or he's more irresponsible than he seems..." She muttered to herself.
[4:01 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: "HEY! Stay right where you are!" The seven wyverns looked up to see Mateus running up with a different looking green wyvern in his arms. When he finally caught up with the woman and his wyverns as he gasped for air before turning to his wyverns. "Huff I turn my back for one second and then you all decide to go waddle off and eat by the lake! I told you guys to eat where we were at." The man's eyes locked on to one specific wyvern. "Eden! I'm very disappointed in you right now." The targeted wyvern made a sad and quiet shriek while another one made a few shrieks in what seemed to be a mocking tone. Mateus turned his attention to that one. "Do not sass me right now Mist! I am not in the mood." Mateus let out a heavy sigh before he finally noticed the hooded woman in front of him. "Oooooh...Hello there. Sorry about that these little ones decided to be a little disobedient and ran off while I was helping little Zodiark. They didn't disturb you right?"
[4:07 PM] Ignia: "Not so much, no." She shook her head, recognizing the man's face at least, "Gave me a bit of a scare to see wyverns in Arcias but you're a member of his highness' group, correct?" She pulled down her hood, satisfied with seeing that there was no threat nearby.
[4:16 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mateus nodded. "That I am! The name is Mateus and it's nice to make your acquaintance." Mateus looked closely at the silvery haired woman and remembered her as one of the fighters back inside Arcias Castle. "I actually remember seeing you using your thunder magic during our last battle. It was quite the sight to behold! Would you be so kind to give me your name?"
[4:19 PM] Ignia: "Thank for the compliment, your lance work was rather powerful yourself," She held out her hand for a shake, "My name is Artemis Sorine. A pleasure to meet you, Mateus."
[4:35 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mateus beamed with pride. Being complimented on his lance skills always made him happy and in a way he knew it probably made Leon happy as well. "Thank you for that Artemis. I do take great pride in my lance work." A wyvern continued to mockingly shriek as Mateus turned around. "I am not scared of the water Mist! I was just scared one of you could fall into the lake!" Mateus sighed again as he turned around. "I'm sorry, Mist doesn't know when to shut her trap sometime..."
[4:40 PM] Ignia: Curiously, Artemis looked over the wyverns and Mateus, filing away the water comment, the book on elder magic still in her hands, "You...not only raise those wyverns but understand them as well? That's rather interesting." "Where are you from anyways? Wyverns are usually from Eythsia and bringing child ones out so far...I can't imagine it must be any sort of 'easy'."
[4:57 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mateus turned back to Artemis. "Oh I'm from Barentia myself! I've gotten these cute little ones from my travels around Junith." Mateus smiled as Zodiark pawed at his face and quietly shrieked. "Oh yeah! Your lunch is all the way back there! Hurry up and come right back up." Zodiark nodded as Mateus let the green dragon and it quickly started running back to where Mateus was originally standing. "And I wouldn't say our lives have been pretty hard. We've been traveling around like this since they were born so they've been mostly accustomed to it. And it also helps that they are well-behaved most of the time." With his hands on hips he glared at his wyverns as six of them hung their heads in shame while Mist just turned her head the other way.
[5:05 PM] Ignia: She smirked, "It looks like your 'little ones' are hitting their rebellious stage." She glanced around, "So why didn't you want eat by the lake? I imagine these guys love the room out here. Plenty of space to run around...and fly if they can." She leaned back against one of the sparse trees by the shore, "The night sky is beautiful, especially with the Sacred Lake reflecting the moon."
[5:17 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Before Mateus could speak up Mist ran up to the woman shrieking loudly. Mateus groaned as she picked her up. "Stop yelling in her ear Mist. She can't understand you." Mist turned around to Mateus and shrieked at him. "It's not because I'm scared for the water! It's because I don't want any of you to fall into the lake! None of you except Zodiark know how to swim and I wouldn't know how to save any of you if you tripped in there or something." Mist made a few more annoyed shrieks before quieting down.
[5:42 PM] Ignia: She flinched a bit at the loud, shrieking child Wyvern before nodding in amusement, "Didn't get much of a chance to learn how to swim?" Artemis looked back to the lake, "The sight still is too beautiful to pass up, if they stay far enough away, I can't imagine too many issues."
[6:05 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mateus looked back to his wyverns as he sighed and let Mist down as Zodiark returned with his sack of food. "Well since we're already here I guess we might as well stay." The wyverns all shrieked in delight as they recreated their circle and resumed eating. Mateus sighed as he sat down and looked at the lake. "Well at least the lake is pretty to look at it..."
[6:26 PM] Ignia: "It is the Sacred Lake after all. The gods would be angry if the water they took care to bless was ruined." She looked out to the water, "Do you know the story about the lake and the blessed water?"
[6:38 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mateus furrowed his brow as he tried to remember what he was taught about it as a child. "Yeah it was blessed by the gods as a gift from them and that anyone who drank even a drop of the water would be granted life eternal in the Second World. Also I think there's a legend of a temple in the lake or something...."
[6:44 PM] Ignia: "Correct! To drink the lake's water is to be granted never-ending life in the Second World..." She glanced over the lake, "Though, what really interests me, is the temple's legends. No one knows how to access the temple but apparently whoever can, is allowed to choose between a period of peace and a period of war for this world..." She sat down next to Mateus, her tone quieting, "This is all legends and rumors though. After all, people don't really come back from the Second World and no one can even read the text that supposedly talks about this temple."
[7:01 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mateus just keep on looking at the lake taking in its beauty and thinking about the temple. "Maybe it's better that no one find the Sacred Temple then. I mean if one person can change the entire world by just going there I think it's better off that nobody find it since we can't guarantee if someone would use it to bring peace." Mateus laid in the grass. "As for the Second World that will probably something I think more on when it's more relevant to me."
[7:25 PM] Ignia: "The Second World is rather relevant nowadays, though." Artemis skipped over talking about the temple, there was too much lost. The promise of peace was what kept her fighting. "We tangle with death every battle...why'd you choose to tangle with death, Mateus?"
[7:44 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: "Well...before the war it was just because it was fighting was something I was good at and it was the most common way to keep gold in my pocket. But the reason I fight here is because I want to try and make Junith a better place for everyone to leave and that battle proved to me that we need to stop Ethysia before they can raise more chaos and harm more people..." Mateus then sat back up as he looked to his wyverns. "And I can't die now. I can't until they're all grown up and I'll know they'll be fine. That's another reason I fight so hard and why I always tell them I'll always come back. And that's why I fight so hard so I know'll I be able to see them again."
[8:12 PM] Ignia: "Home...not just physical but with those little ones too, huh?" Artemis smiled, her finger tracing the cover of her book, "True enough...Seph would probably find some way to revive me and then kill me herself if I got myself kiiled." She paused for a moment, "...you mentioned you've been traveling, may I ask where you've been?"
[8:27 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Seph? Kind of sounds like Persephone. I guess they know each other? Or maybe Seph is a different person.... Mateus snapped back to reality at Artemis's question. "Oh! I've been to Barentia, Celanthus and I stayed in Ethysia for a bit as well."
[8:32 PM] Ignia: "Ah, you were on the opposite side of the continent from me then." She smiled, "I'm from Floribar, and been through Damona, Arcias, and Gallibion mainly. My mercenary work did take me west sometimes, but rarely."(edited)
[8:39 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mateus nodded. "Yeah, back in my early days I tried to stay closer to home since I knew the general area better but eventually I got comfortable enough to start going to other countries. Traveling through Junith has been quite the unforgettable experience for me these past four year..."
[8:48 PM] Ignia: "This world is so much larger than we think it is at first." Artemis whispered, just loud enough for Mateus to hear, "New places to see, new food to try, new people to meet. The world's vast and extends beyond the borders that any one person can set."
[8:54 PM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: "Truer words have never been spoken. If it wasn't for me leaving Barentia's borders I would have never meet such wonderful people and had such amazing experiences and of course I would have never meet the little ones. If I never left I would probably just be a solemn blacksmith back home too being busy disappointed in myself."
[9:10 PM] Ignia: "And that's no way to live. Even if we're flirting with danger, I'd say a fufilling life is far greater than a safe but boring one." She absently-mindedly flipped the pages of her book, "I find being a mage and tactician far more rewarding than being the obedient daughter." "...the world ends with you. Our worlds are only as big as we allow them to be.""(edited)
January 22, 2017
[10:40 AM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mateus nodded in agreement. "Yeah....definitely." Shrieking came from the wyverns other then Zodiark who surrounded Mateus. Mateus just smiled. "It's alright, I know you all just wanted to see the lake. None of you are in trouble." The wyverns happily shriek about the news as they lovingly crowd around Mateus causing the young man to laugh. "Awww come on guys! You're making me blush, stop it!"
[10:57 AM] Ignia: Artemis let out a short laugh, "Quite the loving father you are." She stood up, dusting off her cloak, "I'll let you enjoy your family time then. It was a pleasure to meet you, Mateus. I look forward to working together in the future."
[11:15 AM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: "Yeah it was nice meeting you as well Artemis! I hope we get a chance to talk again soon!"
[11:18 AM] Ignia: Artemis waved, "Good luck with your 'little ones'!" She headed off, following the shore, intent of getting a little more reading done under the moonlight.
[11:22 AM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: Mateus watched the silver haired woman walked off. "Well at least she seems pretty nice. It's always good to find interesting people here." Mateus and the wyverns stayed at the lake for a little bit longer until it was time for them to retire back to the camp.
[11:22 AM] Abyssal John John 🔥💪: ===END RP===



No comments:

Post a Comment