Friday, January 13, 2017

Home...Back and Away

Appa | Very Lewd-01/13/2017

Alexandra stood at the end of a dock on the lake. She was, of course, dressed for duty. Her two blades sat on her right hip and her staves were fastened to her back at the base of her spine, just under where her breastplate ended. The old noble stared over the lake, and though her face remained still her eyes told of the depths of her longing. This damned mission. Why was I selected to follow around a refugee prince? There were plenty others that hold less impactful positions and even don't have family to miss. She let out a composed, surpressed sigh.

NethaEmerald-01/13/2017

Valerie had managed to find her way to the lake to get in some swordplay practice. She felt she had gotten rusty at her general technique a little bit and wanted to improve on it. There was also the fact that she wasn't in a mood to deal with everyone at the camp and all the stuff they were saying about what happened on the various fronts. Regardless of her reasons, she found a nice, open spot with a single tree in the middle of it, like 15 seconds walking distance from the docks. She somehow hadn't seen Alexandra at all and drew out a wooden practice blade, as to not damage her real weapons. With a small breath, Valerie began to go at the tree before shortly seeing someone on the dock. "Crap: I just ruined their quiet time..." She thought to herself, feeling a little bad now.

Appa | Very Lewd-01/13/2017

Alexandra look over her shoulder to see Valerie, and turned back upon recognizing her. Hmm. Just the swift blade from Finn's group. Nothing to worry about, though I wish she'd practice elsewhere.

NethaEmerald-01/13/2017

When Alexandra turned to look at her, Valerie lowered her practive sword and posture a bit, timidly asking "D-Did I interrupt something...?"

Appa | Very Lewd-01/13/2017

"No. Just this old guard wishing she was home," Alexandra shook her head, letting her hadn fall from her blades pommel to her side. They locked with each other behind her back, just above her staves.

NethaEmerald-01/13/2017

"Crap: how do I handle this?" Valerie had to stop and ask herself. She wasn't used to dealing with problems opened right up to her like this. "U-uh... do you want to talk? O-Or maybe beat frustrations out?" She asked Alexandra. However, Valerie and Alexandra were totally different on the whole 'home' part. Valerie didn't want to go back to Barentia, and if she did, not alone. Alexandra wanted to go home so much... It was going to be a difficult encounter for Valerie, and she knew it.

Appa | Very Lewd-01/13/2017

"I've not brought any practice blades with me, and I woudn't dare to hurt an ally. Perhaps talking would be best," Alexandra suggested, turning back again, "What is on your mind, ma'am?"

NethaEmerald-01/13/2017

"M-My mind?" Valerie asked, thrown off by the sudden flip onto her. Was she even ready to talk about what worried her to someone of an opposite viewpoint? She had done it before, so this shouldn't be any different, but it felt like it. She did want to make more friends and work to make Albion's first fortune reading a lie, but was this really how? Nevertheless, the desire to prove Albion wrong caused her to take a breath and actually speak up to someone she hadn't had much contact with. "My problem is going back home. I don't think I want to, but I most likely will have to. Got some scary things that might happen if I do..." Valerie started to say before looking down to her left hand. "Damnit; if only I hadn't gotten this, the choice wouldn't be as hard!" Valerie thought sourly to herself. With another sigh, Valerie spoke up again "I don't know what to expect if I do, and it's complicated..." "Do I face this fear, or run away from it?" "I just don't know what to do..." Valerie softly admitted.
January 14, 2017

Appa | Very Lewd-01/14/2017

"Then that place can hardly be called home, now can it?" Alexandra posed her question, "Home is where you feel safe and happy. This place you're talking about doesn't sound homely."

NethaEmerald-01/14/2017

When Alexandra asked the question, Valerie honestly didn't know how to respond at first. She was right; she needed to feel safe at home. Her only problem was if those words she heard when she was defeated in the duel were honest or just lies. She had no way of figuring that out either; at least, not for a while. "Guess context would help..." Valerie muttered while looking away before taking a deep breath, looking to Alexandra to finish it up with "During our battle to help reclaim the castle back to my home of Barentia, someone had paid us a visit; an old Wyvern Rider friend who had been apparently hunting me down for some time. When I left to help Finn's army, she wasn't happy with it and tried to beat me down to stay in Barentia. I won that duel and here I am. Flash to the battle of recent times. I built it up to talk to her and her first instinct was to fight me then and there. I talked her down at that moment out of it. After that whole battle, the first night when we settled down, she found me, and we had the duel I promised. Well, she defeated me. After her victory, she talked to me with things like she was glad she defetaed me, but also that I was her best friend and she wants me to come back after this war..." Valerie then quickly pulled the ring she got from Kristyn off her finger. "She had also given me this..."

Appa | Very Lewd-01/14/2017

Alexandra closed her eyes and nodded, opening them again after a moment, "Why does your old home carry such negative feelings? Perhaps some sort of solution can be found that would allow you to feel truly at home."

NethaEmerald-01/14/2017

"Only way if for me to either come across her again or to go home after it's done." Valerie remarked. "Though I guess it's making me feel weird because of what she said and did during and after that battle..."

Appa | Very Lewd-01/14/2017

"That doesn't answer my question," Alexandra shook her head, then formed a more blunt wording, "Why don't you want to go back?"

NethaEmerald-01/14/2017

Valerie flinched back a bit when Alexandra got blunt, but it was probably for the best. "It's because of her..." She softly, and finally, admitted.

Appa | Very Lewd-01/14/2017

Alexandra tipped her head, "So this woman is both the thing drawing you back and repelling you away?"

NethaEmerald-01/14/2017

Valerie simply nodded. It probably sounded stupid, but it was probably more complicated than that. Here was Valerie's own best friend, hunting her down, then saying after nearly killing her that she wanted Valerie back home. "Probably sounds stupid..." Valerie softly scolded herself. "But... she was the best friend I had, and her own actions are sending me mixed signals..."

Appa | Very Lewd-01/14/2017

"People change, young miss. She may have been your friend once, but nothing says that has remained true since you left," Alexandra said plainly, "Personally, I can't imagine getting along with anyone that's tried to kill me."

NethaEmerald-01/14/2017

Valerie decided to pick up the dropped practice sword and hold it over her shoulder. She also responded to Alexandra with "I suppose so. I'll probably end up going back anyways, but hopefully not alone, just in case she tries something stupid."

Appa | Very Lewd-01/14/2017

"If that's what you think you need to do," Alexandra nodded, "I don't know that I can offer any particular insight. I've not had much experience in similar situations."

NethaEmerald-01/14/2017

Valerie shook her head. "Actually talking about it has helped more than you could imagine." She quickly responded to Alexandra with. "Now, I think i'll let you get your peace and quiet, if you want it."

Appa | Very Lewd-01/14/2017

Alexandra nodded, "Glad this old guard could be of assistance." She turned back to the lake.

NethaEmerald-01/14/2017

With that, Valerie looked for a place further away she could finally train at.

Appa | Very Lewd-01/14/2017

== == ==

No comments:

Post a Comment