Thursday, October 27, 2016

Friends and Peaches


Mango | Very Gay
-10/27/2016

Farran whistles as he takes a stroll with his hands in his pockets. He couldn't resist the urge to grin as he whistled, the former thief wondered when he'd meet that armored guy again. "Ah, it was quite fun teasing him~" He did a little spin. "Shame that pretty much that the people in Finn's group that I've met dislike me. C'est la vie, I suppose! Maybe it's time I follow my mother's advice of watching how I act..."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

Artemis was walking around Mariansville, looking around after having done her shopping. A new tome and some candy to save...I have to thank Irving later, the gold help out. Keeping an eye on her surroundings, even with the hood blocking part of her natural field of vision, she recognized the man walking along. Isn't that... Calling out and heading over, "Hey, aren't you from his highness' group?"

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"Hm?~" Farran turned to the girl who called him out. He couldn't quite remember her name, he wasn't paying attention when Finn was introducing them. What was her name...? Arthritis? Arthurian? Artery?
"Hey!" Farran raised his gauntlet hand and smiled. But when he realised he still forgot her name, his smile wavered for a bit and he felt a sweat dropping. "Uh, um, Arty!"
Close enough?

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

That brings a glare from the tactician who sighs, "Artemis. Only a few can call me Arty and you don't number amongst them." Though her tone lightens with her next few words, "You're Farran, correct? We didn't have much of an introduction when his highness recruited you."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"Y-Yeah..." Farran chuckled nervously and looked away from Artery's glare.
"But yes, that is my name. I hope to be a great part of the team one of these days." He smiled and put his gauntlet hand to his chin. "I do hope you don't mind my habit of...sightseeing. My mother traveled the world, and I do believe I inherited that lovely trait for her."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

Artemis smiled softly, it being visible past the shadows that her hood cast on her face, "I see. I certainly don't have much issue with it, it's always interesting to see what new locations have to offer. So long as it doesn't affect your performance or endanger the group, you'll hear no complaints from me." She turned thoughtful for a moment, "If I may ask, what weapons do you wield in battle? I may be a thunder mage but I try to help his highness and Sir Erik out in tactics when possible."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"Oh, perish that thought! I do think of myself as a good swordsman, so do not worry about me making any mistakes on the field."
"A thunder mage is quite a lovely job! I ride a horse, but I do wish I can fight on my own two feet. I prefer daggers and the like, unfortunately they're pretty useless when you're on a horse."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"Thank you." So mounted swordsman but he isn't useless when not-mounted...good to keep in mind. She nodded, "Daggers are a poor choice on a horse, you'd have to get too close before you could do any damage and you'd put your mount in danger..." The mage is turning analytical at the moment.

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"A-Anyways..."
"Now that I had to reintroduce myself, why don't you do too? If you don't mind, that is..."
"I-If I may be honest, I actually...forgot. And I'm fairly sure it would be disrespectful if I refered to you by your skin color, too."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"Artemis, thunder mage and Floriban tactician." Simple and to the point, that was just how this girl was, "It's fine if you forgot my name, we didn't have much of an introduction anyways." She smirked, "So how are the sights of Mariansville? I was running errands so I haven't much of a chance to look around."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"It's a pretty comfy place." Farran rubbed his neck with his non-gloved hand. "I wouldn't mind settling down here, but I'm more of a person who prefers the outdoors..."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"We're different in that regard then." Artemis commented, "As long as I have access to a good library, peace and quiet, and a roof over my head, I don't care where I am." "Though, a mount and a taste for the outdoors...do you travel often?"

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"My parents never really stayed in one place, so we always travelled. It was hard at first, I always got too attached to places." Farran smiled meekly. "Never really made too many friends, would've left them anyways."
"C'est la vie, I suppose."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

Better to travel with your parents than be shuffled off, at least... Artemis kept the smile on her face despite her inner thoughts, "That probably contributed quite a bit to your sightseeing bug. Are you familiar with most of the kingdoms on this continent then? Or has it been some time?"

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"It's been quite some time. As a child, I didn't really care for the places or names. I just admired them."
"So what's your deal then? What got you into magic?"

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"It was something I picked up at the academy. I can't stand defenseless on the field even as a tactician after all. I took to Thunder magic better than anything else so that simply became the logical choice." She spoke as if she was stating facts, which she was. "Your turn. What made you take up daggers and the sword?"

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

Farran stopped to think about the question. He can't just mention that he used to be a thief, he already made some bad impressions. "Well..."
Farran sighed and closed his eyes as he frowned. "I used to be a thief."
"And that would also be an explanation for this little thing." He put out his left arm, where instead of a hand, there's a gauntlet.
"A little...rookie's mistake, I suppose."
"Now, mind you, I didn't steal from just anybody if that's what you were thinking."
"Corrupt nobles were my target." Farran looked at his left 'hand'. "I was caught, once. I suppose they wanted to cut the bud before the flower bloomed. You can tell how that went."
"I used daggers on both hands, but now with only one fully functional one, and a semi functional hand, I just use one sword."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"...I see." Artemis frowned for a moment, processing the information, "Was it your dominant hand or your off hand?" "Mind you, I'm only asking because it's important to make sure you're not blindsided during combat." "What matters to me is the here and now. Now, you're a combantant and under his highness' employ and so long as you do not harm this company or hold onto foolish beliefs of glory or heroism on the battlefield, I. Don't. Care. Every hand on deck is necessary to fight against the Ethysian Empire."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"You don't care for a lot of things, don't you?"
"...I'm ambidextrous, so it doesn't matter."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"At this point? The war's gone on long enough. I'm willing to do whatever's neccessary to end it." Artemis commented. "War is harsh and cold. Having a former thief on our side would simply help with gathering new funds or pinpointing other thieves. Takes one to know one after all." "Still, that's good to know though. Means your prosthetic won't hinder you as much."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"I wish I was talking to that armored lummox instead..." Farran mumbled to himself. "Can I ask for a little more breathing room?"

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

Artemis simply raised an eyebrow, putting another step's distance between the two of them, "Alright then...I presume you've met some of the others in the compay then?"

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"Of course. I met some girl named Shanoa, some jaded mercenary person whose name I forgot, and this guy in armor who's into poems and all that. He was pretty cool."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

Shanoa...I presume I haven't met the mercenary but there's only one armor in the company... "Did you mean Lorenzo?"

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"Was that his name?"
"We went off on the wrong foot last time, I'd like to remedy that..."
"I'm fairly sure most I've talked to have a low opinion of me. I mean, he laughed at me, but not in a really mean way."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

Artemis laughed in slight amusement, "My brother can get pretty fired up but he tends to be kind. I wonder what it was that caused him to grow annoyed with you."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"Probably my little thief story." He shrugged. "I'm used to it, though."
"Having no friends mean it'll be easier to move on with my travels." He played around with his hair. "But...it would be nice to have one."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"...Friends are nice, even if you're always traveling, where they call home becomes your home." Artemis smiled, "Just be friendly, I guess. You can't always be shrugged off if the only issue people have with you is your background. It's not like you're hiding it either."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"I have to say, for someone who doesn't care, you have a nice smile.."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"..." Artemis pulled her hood down to shadow her face more, trying to hide the blush, "I don't care about who you were. I just care about how you are, now. You're an ally now as far as I'm concerned."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"Then that's good!"
"Would you like to be friends then?"

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

Artemis chuckled, "People don't typically ask me that. But I wouldn't mind, you seem interesting, Farran."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"You don't usually come across a former thief who lost an arm in his twenties." He put his hand out to shake.

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

Artemis put out her own gloved hand, shaking his firmly, "That's very true. A pleasure then, Farran."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"A pleasure, um...Artemis." He finally remembered. "Though I do suppose it'll be a while until I can call you Arty, huh?"

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"To this day, the only people who call me that are my brother and my best friend, so yes. It'll be a while until you get that privilege."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"I...see" Sweat drop. "I suppose Artemis would have to work until I am blessed with the privlige."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"Quite..." She smiled softly before fumbling for a moment over her words, I usually let Seph lead... "Uh...were you just going to continue sight seeing then?"

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"I don't really have anything to do, why not sight see together? I can show you some good spots I've found."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"I don't mind at all. I've only been by the candy shop and the armory myself."

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"Oh, cool! I can show you some places I've been to lately. Like this hill with a peach tree, you can't touch the tree though, it belongs to some nasty old guy."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

Artemis raised an eyebrown underneath her hood but her smiled stayed, "I imagine the view must be great. Show me!"

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"All right, all right! Come on, it's right back where I came from. Follow me." Farran turned around back to the direction he came from and went on his way.

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"Alright then!" Artemis followed after Farran, looking over the town as she followed after him, quietly.(edited)

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

After a while and some small talk, Farran and Artemis made it to the hill Farran had mentioned. "Careful with the peaches, I cut one down and he caught me and told me he owned it. Could you really blame me? He didn't even put a sign or anything..."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

"Haha...it's just out in the open like this. I can see where you'd make the mistake." She looked around, "But he doesn't own the hill right?"

Mango | Very Gay-10/27/2016

"No way." Farran sat on the edge. "This view is for everyone, and if he tried to buy it, I'd try to stop him."

Weiss Schnee-10/27/2016

Artemis sat down next to him, her cloak preventing her white dress from being stained by the grass, "Public service and all that, eh?"
October 29, 2016

Mango | Very Gay-10/29/2016

"I guess. It's just what I do." Farran smiled as he rested his chin on his hands.

Mango | Very Gay-10/29/2016

"Everyone should have a chance at something." He fumbled around with his prosthetic. "It should always be fair, that's what I think."

Weiss Schnee-10/29/2016

"It's a fair way of thinking." Artemis admitted, "But sometimes, some opportunities only come up because of who you are...or luck."

Mango | Very Gay-10/29/2016

"I guess so."
"I guess it just makes me mad when people say that you can't be something because of who you are or what you look like."

Weiss Schnee-10/29/2016

"Then you just have to prove them wrong." Artemis sighed, "It's more of your own resolve rather than the resolve of others, after all." What you look like...huh?

Mango | Very Gay-10/29/2016

"It's the greatest feeling in the world when you prove them wrong." Farran grinned.
"Maybe I'll prove Lorenzo wrong too, that'll be a good one..."

Weiss Schnee-10/29/2016

"...what did my brother say?" She inquired, feeling a bit amused.

Mango | Very Gay-10/29/2016

"Something about commoners robbing amongst themselves and how his nobility holds him from being friends with me or whatever."
"He was acting pretty silly, so I didn't really get most of what he said. I do know he's against what I do, though."

Weiss Schnee-10/29/2016

Well... She frowned, "I wonder why. Admittedly, I've never identified much with our 'noble' family. I've always been more of a black sheep."

Mango | Very Gay-10/29/2016

"Why's that?"

Weiss Schnee-10/29/2016

"I preferred books and games of strategy to socializing and the like." She answered simply. "My interests simply diverged."

Mango | Very Gay-10/29/2016

"Those types of things are pretty good too." Farran began to swing his feet. "You don't have to identify with them. As long as what you do makes you feel good, then it's great!"
"I could have settled down in my home country instead of travelling like my mother, but missing out on all these sights would be pretty terrible."
"I've also met you, and we're having this nice conversation now."
"I don't think I can do these back home." Farran chuckled.

Weiss Schnee-10/29/2016

"True enough." She smiled, "At least you're following what you wish to do. Little shards of happiness in this whole mess."

Mango | Very Gay-10/29/2016

"Is there anything you wanna do?"
"Except for doing all this tactician work and all that, I mean."

Weiss Schnee-10/29/2016

"Not past this really...Tacitician and mage work pave the way for me to simply learn more..."

Mango | Very Gay-10/29/2016

"I can understand that." Farran looked away. "I'm more of someone who learns from experience. I guess it worked out then!" Farran chuckled as he waved his prosthetic hand.

Weiss Schnee-10/29/2016

She chuckled, "Yeah, suprising how many mercenary groups are willing to take on a tactician for a time. Especially ragtag, thrown together ones."

Mango | Very Gay-10/29/2016

"I mean if you're helping them not die, you're pretty good tactician then."
October 31, 2016

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

"I simply do what I can." She proudly smiled, "I help those who are willing to listen to someone like me. Every little bit counts, these days."

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

"I'll be doing a lot of listening, then." Farran smiled as he stood up. "Just a sec." He brought ouf a dagger and cut down another peach from the old man's tree and tossed it to Artemis. "Here."
The former thief pulled out a couple of coins and placed them on a branch. "I already got in trouble with him once, so I suppose this is the right thing to do. As much as I dislike doing it for him..."

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

"F-Farran!" Artemis' tone was scolding, as she held the peach, "Even if you leave money..." Stopping mid-sentence, she sighed, "But this is just how you are, isn't it?"

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

Farran shrugged. "It's not as if the tree isn't going to grow some more."
"It's fine, if he comes back, I'll take responsibility for my actions."

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

She sighed, "...fine. Split this then? Because you're the one who left the gold."

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

"How sweet of you~" Farran clutched his heart. "It's too bad I dislike sweet things...so the peach is all yours."

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

"...why'd you take the peach earlier then?" She blinked in confusion.

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

"I wanted to make a good impression, so I thought getting some sweet gifts would have done the trick."

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

"...that works." She admitted softly, "I love sweets myself. The sugar keeps my head straight and everything."

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

"I can see the appeal in sugar, but I like sour stuff way more."
"Guess it was a great thing, though. Me finding this tree, that is."

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

"The tree and the view are great." She relaxed her posture, "Thank you for showing me this."

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

"If you want, I can show you more places like this if I find any." Farran smiled as he put a hand out to Artemis. "I had a lot of fun."

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

Artemis took his hand, smiling, "So did I. I look forward to seeing what other places you can find...and I'll show you if I find any myself."

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

Farran pulled her up. "Great! I'll look forward to it." He rubbed his neck with his prosthetic. "Guess I'll have to take you back, huh? Wouldn't want to get Lorenzo all over me."

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

"Haha, I'm sure my brother won't be that mean to one of my friends." She nodded, "Still, we should probably just head back."

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

"Yeah, it is getting a bit late..." Farran starts walking ahead before stopping. "W-Wait...what did you say?"

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

"...we should probably head back?"

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

"A bit before that."

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

"My brother won't be that mean to one of my friends?"

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

"Yes! You called me your friend. That's...great!"

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

"Well, we are, aren't we?" She held up the peach, "Come on. We should probably be heading back, Farran."

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

Farran hid his giddiness and tried to act cool and composed. "Y-Yeah." He moved his hair away from his eyes. "I'll lead you back safely."

Weiss Schnee-10/31/2016

"...thank you." She smiled, slightly amused.

Mango | Very Gay-10/31/2016

Farran put his hood back on and walked back together with Artemis. He was happy he made a friend. Maybe he can prove Lorenzo wrong about him, pettiness is always a great motivator..
=end rp?=

No comments:

Post a Comment