Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

Deallocate-Last Friday at 9:38 AM

Shanoa sat on the counter in one of the kitchens, with her usual wide-brimmed hat missing from her head. She was slowly sipping a cup of tea with her gaze directed to a small table in the center of a kitchen. The object of her interest was a small brown box, with a large pot on it to weigh it down. Every few seconds a small growl could be heard from the box, and a blow would shift it slightly in one direction. All of this didn't seem to disturb the young woman in the least, and she watched it with almost scientific curiosity while sipping her tea. It's almost been long enough... at any rate, the results are what I suspected. Not that it makes them any less surprising...(edited)

bby wing snek-Last Friday at 9:59 AM

"Simple enough of a design to be accomodated for, in such an unreasonable dainty castle. It is what it is I suppose." Looking up from her notes, Rieze took another surveying look over the room, noting to herself what each place contained, giving her a reasonably large repetoire of the castle's inventory state, including but not limited to spare supplies, weapons and food. It recieved a reasonably large uptake of resources every day, whom in the end managed to render her efforts pointless. Looking over the tables, she noticed the young woman, looking upon what seemed to be a box, making noises at intervals. "Excuse me, but have you trapped a mouse or something in there?"

Deallocate-Last Friday at 10:09 AM

Shanoa looked up and shook her head. After glancing out the window to confirm the time, she walked over to the table and removed the pot from the top. A single chirp echoed out from inside the box as the contents realized what had happened. It can exist without fresh air for far longer than a typical creature. There's not way to determine if it requires air at all without simulating a vacuum, however. Oh well. In the end, it boils down to the same thing. It can easily live without air. She lifted the box off the table, revealing the contents to contain only her worn black hat, which remained motionless and devoid of noise. After an affectionate pat, she placed it back on her head and turned to face Rieze once again. "Have no fear, there's no mouse or other small creature that I'd release into the kitchen." Only a witch's hat with a knack for mischief...(edited)

bby wing snek-Last Friday at 10:18 AM

"I do not fear for the state of the kitchen, i fear for the being inside of that box. Shouldnt it be allowed to live free?" Rieze looked towards the box, not changing her neutral expression.

Deallocate-Last Friday at 10:23 AM

Shanoa giggled and showed the other woman the now-empty box. "I don't believe there's a creature in the box you need worry on behalf of."

bby wing snek-Last Friday at 10:28 AM

"Impressive tricks. Now, may you explain why you are here to begin with? Im not sure i have met you before."

Deallocate-Last Friday at 10:34 AM

Shanoa gave a small bow. "Why thank you. I am to please." She hopped back on the counter and grabbed her cup of tea once again. "My name's Shanoa. Wi- Fire Mage hired by Finn to join his group of loyal mercenaries. You wouldn't have met me before because this is my first day on the job; I just arrived earlier today." She cocked her head. "I hope I'm not misinterpreting your question. But if you were looking for a less specific answer, I came here because I wanted to brew a cup of tea."(edited)

bby wing snek-Last Friday at 10:45 AM

"Ah. Welcome to the group then Shanoa. I am Rieze. Didnt you find that tea?" She sat down next to her, thinking a bit. "Nonetheless, how is the castle treating you?"

Deallocate-Last Friday at 10:56 AM

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Rieze. I look forward to working with you." The witch took a sip of her tea. "Oh, I didn't come here to find tea. I brew my own tea from my leaves and herbs." she said as she indicated to a pouch of materials next to her. "I simply came to the kitchen for a mug and some water." She indicated to her glass. "It's came out quite well, actually. I could whip some up for you as well, if you'd like." "Thank you for your concern. The rest of the group has actually been quite inviting towards me." She stared off into space. "Nicer than strangers have ever been towards me ever in my life, actually." The young woman indicated her unique black dress. "My profession and choice of clothes don't draw me alot of favor." I suppose it's because we've got so many interesting people around, people who would normally chase me onto the street barely spare me a glance.(edited)

bby wing snek-Last Friday at 11:05 AM

"Being detested by strangers? Tell me all about it. Being an Ethysian here has not helped me at all, but i suppose neither has your..... whatever it is." Rieze chuckled a little bit, remarking her own sarcasm. She didnt usually get called out or insulted, but she didnt get openly accepted by the locals. Its only natural. I am not trustworthy to these people after all.(edited)

Deallocate-Last Friday at 11:19 AM

"Well, hopefully here everybody can unite for a common cause, regardless of their origin." She looked closely at the other woman for the first time. Prejudiced based on her place of origin, huh? Different reason, but not a situation unlike mine. A smile flitted to her lips. And she's pretty easy on the eyes, as well. "Don't worry, I have no quarrel with either your people or you. I only serve Finn, and as long as your cause aligns with him, I have no doubt we'll get along just fine." She grinned cheerfully. "But, if for any reason, you find yourself aligning with the goals of your nation more than Finn's, you had better leave quickly. I won't stay my hand against a turncoat, no matter our relationship. Her joyful smile didn't disappear, but her eyes were steeled.

bby wing snek-Last Friday at 11:24 AM

"I have already turned coat once, I doubt i will be accepted anywhere but here nonetheless. What i have done... I cant attone for." Rieze looked down, feeling the same doubt she always felt, of "Did i do the right thing? Could i have changed anything?" "... Never mind me. I dont mean to come here and be grim."

Deallocate-Last Friday at 11:48 AM

Shanoa looked a bit unsure of the situation at hand. "Sorry, didn't mean to dredge up your past. That being said, I doubt you have much to worry about. Just because this is the only place that'll accept you doesn't mean that it's not the perfect place for you. So cheer up!" She held up an empty mug. "You sure you don't want me to make you a cup of tea? It'll make you feel much better, I promise. It's a recipe of my own, and I want to get more opinions on it."

bby wing snek-Last Friday at 11:56 AM

"I can gladly take a cup of tea, but I would rather not open too many holes in my schedule. I should have the time for a cup however."

Deallocate-Last Friday at 12:13 PM

"Ah, but of course. I'll be sure to make it quick, then." Shanoa hopped off the counter and grabbed the teapot. The Fire Mage placed two fingers on the bottom of the pot, and within seconds the water inside was at its boiling point. She then proceeded to drop a few leaves and spices into the bottom of the empty mug, before pouring the heated water into the cup. Shanoa expertly watched the contents of the mug, choosing to stir them on occasion. "Should be ready in another three and a half minutes." When satisfied with the process, the young witch looked up at Rieze. "I'm glad you're taking the time to try my tea at all. Most people would accuse me of poisoning or cursing it, which makes it very hard to get opinions on my craft."

bby wing snek-Last Friday at 12:23 PM

"Oh... Well, i dont know you. I suppose what you do has little influence on me, because well, i dont know you. I suppose it may be." And then i would have a whole lot to tell father when i see him again

Deallocate-Last Friday at 12:52 PM

"A unique train of thought. Most people would be more wary of people they don't know, not less." After a few minutes, the tea was finally brewed. "Here you go!" Shanoa exclaimed as she passed off the mug. "Be careful not to drink it too fast. Because it's hot. And if you drink too much at once the spices will cause your throat to swell up. And you'll suffocate. And die." Shanoa held her own cup up as a toast. "Cheers!"

bby wing snek-Last Friday at 1:13 PM

Wow.. Truly an.... eccentric person to say the least. "Lets hope not. Cheers."
September 11, 2016

Deallocate-Today at 9:27 PM

===END RP===

No comments:

Post a Comment