Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Infiremary


Deallocate
-Last Monday at 8:06 PM

Shanoa woke up. Her first thought was 'Oh, hey, it worked.' Her second thought was 'Shit, this better not leave a scar.' The young woman glanced around the room, taking in details as she assessed the situation. Infirmary. White. Empty. She then glanced down at herself. A light gown, made of a comfy fabric. So not my signature dress. Shanoa proceeded to check under the gown. Aaaand yep. There's the scar. Damn it. She looked back around the empty room. How come there's nobody here? I mean, I know Im low priority, but still. I was hoping to have a dozen men weeping by my bedside at the very least.

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Monday at 8:19 PM

Behind a curtain, the sound of light snoring can be heard from the corner of the room. Pulling back the flap reveals Albion- sitting slouched on a chair, with arms hanging over the back of the seat and legs crossed. Seemingly put in charge of the infirmary for the time being, Albion seems to have dozed off while on duty. Aside from the odd voice or two that pours in from the nearby hall, the room is silent save for the intake of air.(edited)

Deallocate-Last Monday at 8:28 PM

Shanoa hopped out of her bed and carefully stood up. Hmm. A bit numb still, but nothing that would stop me from walking. She took a hesitant step. See? Nothing to worry about. And another. After making it across the room, Shania pulled open the curtain, and took in the view of Albion peacefully snoozing. Well. He's not weeping by my bedside, but it's better than nothing. A mischievous grin came to her face. Now, how do I go about waking him up? The witch took another step forward into the curtained section... And immediately lost her balance. She collapsed on top of Albion, knocking the wind from his lungs.

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Monday at 8:57 PM

The sudden impact causes Albion to jolt- he grunts, brought back to reality by the sudden impact. Not terribly hurt by the fall, he wakes to notice the weight of a warm, if awkward embrace- he coughs out a few locks of hair that fall into his face. He mumbles sleepily. "Laura?" Opening squinted eyes, Albion sees the color of bright red, catching the scent of spices and herbs- that was the witch, no doubt. Blast- he was supposed to be watching over her, wasn't he? Infirmary duty could be so droll- and a man needed his rest. Truth be told, he had found it a little bit... difficult, to sleep while Shanoa was in this condition. It was good to see her alive and kicking, atlhough... "...Shanoa? What are you doing? You should be on your cot..." Gradually becoming more lucid, Albion turns his head towards the nearby wall- unable to move without tossing the witch to the floor, he instead elects to squirm uncomfortably.(edited)

Deallocate-Last Monday at 9:31 PM

She lept off him as soon as she managed to get her bearings. "Uaaagh! Sorry about that..." And I actually am. I wanted to see if I could set something alight and convince him the place was on fire... "I was trying to see how well I could walk." Her face is a strange mix of embarrassment and bemusement. "My conclusion: Passable at best." She walked a few unsteady steps to a nearby chair and plopped down. "I have no idea what drugs they have me on to make me this unsteady, but I don't mind in the least." She felt the scar at her side. "Mainly because I'd be in immense pain without them." Her eyes widened. "Oooh, and who's this 'Laura' person? Huh? Huh?"

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Monday at 9:53 PM

Albion lets out an embrassed chuckle, and looks down- his mood dampens a little. "...that's, um... private. Things didn't really work out." He turns his head up, smiling- and aiming to change the subject. Albion stands up, taking a few steps over to the nearby chair- feeling stiff, after falling asleep on the hard wood of the chair. He should have chosen a better place to nap. "Now, you- need to sit still. You're still hurt, even if you're not feeling it right now- that scar needs to heal. I should take a look at that..." Albion digs through his bags- he generally carried his seldom-used healing staff amongst various other things, but it was becoming more and more important as of late. He had expected to be fighting, instead- but their shortage of staff users left him to take on other duties.(edited)

Deallocate-Last Monday at 10:02 PM

She frowned. "Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to dredge up bad memories." Why is she still on his mind, then? Yay for baggage... Shanoa leaned back further in her chair. "Nah, I just need to walk it off. I'm sure it'll be fine. In fact, I have just the right poultice for it back with my stuff... Hey, that reminds me. Do you know know where my stuff is? Particularly the hat." She nodded seriously. "I can't live without my hat." The witch suddenly caught the scent of something burning. She glanced around, but saw nothing. "Hey, I don;t suppose you smell anything, do you?"

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Monday at 10:19 PM

After a moment, Albion reaches in and pulls out the staff- there it was! He turns around, only to halt at the question. "Your bags? I don't have a clue. You should ask the supply convoy- maybe Delphine? She was in charge of the infirmary, before I arrived." He becomes a little nervous at the mention of the scent- he noticed it, too. The smell of smoke. But there were no torches in the room, or anything else- the only source of flames in the room was... "Y-you should get up. Right about now."(edited)

Deallocate-Last Monday at 10:28 PM

Shanoa clapped her hands together gleefully. "Okay, this is the perfect time to test something." She raised her voice. "Hat! Come to me!" "..." A few seconds later she was still standing in the exact same position, just as hatless as always. Shanoa stuck her tongue out. "I probably seem very silly right about now." After she smelled the burning, and Albion suggested she stand up, she followed his direction immediately. The young witch pulled her hair back to glance at her rune, which was now covered my a light layer of cloth. Cloth that was now burning from the heat of her rune. Oh, you have got to be kidding me... As she stared, it flared up and caught on fire. She turned back to face Albion, and focuses a steely glare upon him. "Turn around. Now." The herbalist ripped off her gown and threw it to the ground, before stamping out the flames with her bare feet.

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Monday at 10:39 PM

Gods. Albion turns around, covering his eyes with both hands- considering what had happened after catching just a glimpse of the symbols, he might be knocked unconscious if he saw them in their entirety. Not to mention- there were other things he likely wasn't meant to see. Who had even put her in the gown- Delphine? Did she even know? Perhaps she just thought the mark was a very peculiar set of tattoos. "Bloody hell... Is the fire spreading?"(edited)

Deallocate-Last Monday at 10:46 PM

Shanoa inspected the burned remains of the gown. "No, the fire was completely smothered." She picked it up, and doused it with the glass of water by her bed before throwing it into the room's disposal bin. When done, she returned to the corner Albion was in and stood with a hand on her hip. Without her gown, she stood in simplistic black underwear. "I should warn you, if you try and peek, my gown won't be the only thing burned to cinders today." A small flame played around her fingers for emphasis, even though the young man couldn't see it,(edited)

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Monday at 11:02 PM

"Yes, I know, I know." Eyes shut tightly- and facing towards the wall, Albion puts his hands behind his head, letting out an exasperated groan. He waits for a few moments, letting the situation sink in. From the deepest depths of his soul, he pulls out a grin. Positivity, right? That was the way to overcome these things. Everything would be fine if he just... smiled. Like that. What a fine morning. "Right. Seeing as you're now confined to this room... I should go find your things." Letting his arms down, Albion pulls off his dress jacket, leaving him with the sleeveless shirt underneath. He flings it onto the cot, somewhat aimlessly without the benefit of his sight. Extending an arm, he traces the edge of the wall with a gloved hand- eventually, he reaches the doorway. "Why don't you borrow this- in case some stranger comes by. And under no circumstances can you burn it! That's my favorite coat."(edited)

Deallocate-Last Monday at 11:14 PM

Shanoa gratefully picked up the jacket off the bed, and put it on loosely, before sitting on the bed and crossing her bare legs. "Thanks. I'll take good care of it. Promise." She tried to ignore Albion's scent on the jacket. This is not how I expected my day to go... When the young Shaman reached the door, a small skittering noise could be heard from the other side. It sounded like several dozen miniature legs were attempting to dig their way through the wood.

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Monday at 11:25 PM

Albion opens the door- almost immediately, he feels a strange form leap upon his torso. "Agh!" Opening his eyes, Albion examines the creature- was that a hat? Circling his torso, its legs skitter around his waist and run down the length of his back leg, scampering onto the floor. Albion doesn't look back, his eyes halting at the floor- he seems alarmed. "What is that?"

Deallocate-Last Monday at 11:32 PM

The odd creature immediately skitters over to Shanoa and lands in her lap. It then lets out a happy squeak before going still. The witch stroked it happily. "It's my hat! See?" And indeed it was. The creature was her black, wide-brimmed witches' hat. What was more interesting was that it appeared to have no appendages to propel itself along the floor- a fact that it had happily ignored a few seconds ago. I knew it would come to me when called. This thing is the niftiest present I've ever received! Shanoa stood up from her chair and shook the black hat gently. A folded black dress fell out of it and onto her outstretched hand. "Hey, Albion. I don't think you need to worry about trying to go get me clothes anymore."(edited)

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Monday at 11:58 PM

Albion raises an eyebrow- it was certainly strange, but he was beyond the point of attributing normality to Shanoa. A hat with a mind of its own- trained to follow commands, and loyal as a pet dog. Interesting- and how exactly it worked, that could be a valuable secret to be privy to. "A present from who, exactly? I can't say I've seen anything like that before." He turns to face the nearby wall- putting one hand on his side, he holds another back behind him, palm open. "Once you're dressed, I'll have my coat back- if you don't mind."(edited)
September 13, 2016

Deallocate-Last Tuesday at 12:06 AM

The witch tossed Albion's jacket over to him, with the intention of having it land on his head. She then unfolded the dress and pulled it over her head, before squirming into it. "It's from my older sister. Don't tell anybody I said this, but I think the only reason she passed it onto me was because it bit her whenever she wore it. For whatever reason, it's quite a bit more fond of me." Within seconds, she had it on. The young woman adjusted the bodice of it to ensure that no fabric was touching her runes before she was finally satisfied. After putting her hat back on, Shanoa leaned forward and posed with one hand on her knee and the other outstretched. "Ta-da! So, Albion, how do I look? Bet you can't even tell I just went through a battle, right?"(edited)

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Tuesday at 5:05 PM

The jacket lands on the back of his head, knocking a few strands of hair into his face- pulling his arms through the sleeves, he takes care to brush his hair back into place with one hand. Albion blushes. "Quite stunning." He wasn't one to give praise- it never failed to leave him embarassed, at least when the thought was genuine. Perhaps he had heard- and delivered- too many honeyed words of no substance at all. Actions spoke louder than words, after all. Not to mention coin. Albion turns his thoughts to the runes- it hadn't occured to him until now, but she had been wearing that gown for quite sometime before it burst aflame. Perhaps the fabric was loosely fit- he had noticed nothing until she leaned back against the seat. "You have a sister, do you? Is she much like you? Or perhaps not- if the hat doesn't take well to her."(edited)

Deallocate-Last Tuesday at 5:19 PM

Shanoa absentmindedly began to make her bed. "I have two sisters, actually. One older, one younger. Named Artelinde and Chiaki, respectively." She paused momentarily. "Artelinde is... similar enough to me. Mainly because I want nothing more to be just like her. While I'm bumbling and klutzy, Artelinde is graceful and suave. She's also amazing at magic, while my experience with it is just 'Shoot a fireball in the intended direction and hope for the best'. She enchanted my hat, after all. And much, much more." The young witch grinned. "She's also quite the looker. Seductive, too. She'd make short work of the likes of you, I'd imagine." she said as she tugged at the end of her dress. "I'm trying especially hard to catch up to her in that regard. And from your reactions, I think it's working!"(edited)

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Tuesday at 5:58 PM

Albion's blush intensifies at the remark- he straightens out his rumpled jacket. She never ceased playing games with his head, did she? "Hmph. She sounds like... quite something." He had a sister as well- but he hardly aspired to be like her. Frankly, he was quite happy not to be so droll. The world held so many pawns, and so few players- it was foolish to blindly follow someone else's lead. The edge of Albion's mouth curls upward. "Still- if you aspire to be someone else, who's left to be you? I'm not certain you need to be more, well, suave." He pauses for a moment before continuing- it would be unwise to pry too far, but there was more he wanted to know. He folds his arms, relaxing into a more confident stance. "At any rate- I was getting at something else. Does she share your mark?"

Deallocate-Last Tuesday at 6:07 PM

Shanoa seemed a bit lost for words. "Well, that's very nice of you to say. But I don't think anybody needs to be me. I'm not particularly special in any way. While my older sister is." She bit her lip. "Wouldn't it be for the best if I followed the lead of somebody destined for something greater?" She sat down on the cot and patted the spot next to her for Albion to do the same. "But to answer your question, she does. However, hers is significantly smaller, and on her collarbone. Which has both advantages and disadvantages compared to mine, I suppose." She traced the point on her collarbone where it was on her sister. "She doesn't have to worry about things touching it nearly as much as me. On the downside, it's significantly easier for people to see it immediately. I'm afraid Artelinde doesn't dare leave the forest in which we make our home."

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Tuesday at 6:49 PM

Albion moves to sit on the cot, hearing what Shanoa has to say. Upon the remark about destiny, he frowns. "I haven't met your sister, but... I'm quite sure she's more adept at playing Artelinde than you. Imitation doesn't suit you, Shanoa." Albion's eyes are locked onto the floor- he shrugs. "Besides, I don't envy her- trapped in the woods in some corner of the world. That's no way to live."

Deallocate-Last Tuesday at 6:55 PM

The young woman seemed divided. "I'll think about what you've said. But I still don't think there's anything wrong with having a role model." She laid back on the bed. "But you're right about my sisters being trapped. It really is too bad." Shanoa brightened. "But that's why I'm searching for a way to remove our curse! And then we can go wherever we want, and nobody will scorn or attack us." Before her runes could burn through the sheets, she propped herself up with one arm. "And who knows? Our travels might bring us to the forests I used to live in. I bet Artelinde and Chiaki would love to meet you!" Upon hearing Artelinde's name, Shanoa's hat growled ominously, but the witch paid it no heed.

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Tuesday at 7:21 PM

Albion chuckles. "You seem quite confident! But you'll have to live to see it. I don't want our next meeting to be in the infirmary room." He ponders- he had never offered to tell her fortune, had she? To see if her optimism matched up with what he would read. He pushes the thought aside- it was better to leave her hopes untouched, for now. He'd rather let her smile for the moment. "And I'm sure it would be a, um... joy to meet the two of them." Or not. The hat growled at her sister's name- his suspicions confirmed. Chances were, she had a more icy disposition than Shanoa let on. Albion taps his fingers against the sheet- after a moment, he stands. "If you'll excuse me... I haven't eaten in quite some time."(edited)

Deallocate-Last Tuesday at 8:17 PM

She nodded. "Of course. I'll hang here for a tad bit longer." To see if his replacement on infirmary duty is hot, of course... Shanoa grinned at the thought, and then made a shooing motion at him. "Go on. I'll try to catch up with you later, handsome."

chuklfug | wants to rp-Last Tuesday at 8:20 PM

With a smile and a quick wave, Albion leaves the infirmary. ===rp end===

No comments:

Post a Comment