Friday, April 21, 2017

Making New Ties


April 21, 2017
[11:36 AM] Blade: "I can't believe vendors sell stuff like this!" Terra stared at the red ribbon in awe. She just recently purchased it out of persuasion from the shopkeeper though she still liked the garment regardless. A bright smile rose upon her features. Now sitting nearby at a burned out campfire, she was on the logs trying to put on the ribbon. If she remembered correctly, the ribbon was called "rebellious" for it's red color. Terra unraveled the fabric into a long strand of red. "How do I do this?..." She never knew how to tie a ribbon into bow; she only knew how to tie a knot. The axe fighter sighed as she wanted to tie this onto her hair like all of those pretty damsels she had seen traveling.(edited)
April 22, 2017
[9:02 PM] Kwakado: Meanwhile, Persephone shuffled over to the campfire's edge, shivering silently under the weight of the impractically-large blade on her back. She'd hoped for a chance to rest, and get warm before riding back to the castle. Upon seeing that the fire had long since gone out, the despairing damsel let out an empty sigh. The town wasn't that much farther anyway. Looking up from the faded flame, Cawdor's cold heir finally noticed a giant woman sitting across from her, looking just as stumped. It was one of the new recruits to Finn's army, one whom the young noble didn't know well and had never really spoken to. With hesitant curiosity, the red-haired lady walked over to try and break the ice. "Good evening, miss, if a bit harsh." She kept the introduction brief, so as not to offend the barbarian's secret sensibilities.
[11:30 PM] Blade: "Hi, my name's Terra. What yours?" Terra smiled back at her. For a muscular woman, she had pretty features. She put the red ribbon down on lap where her dress extended to her knees. She wore white pants underneath the dress.
April 23, 2017
[12:28 AM] Kwakado: "Terra? I am Persephone...Heir to the County of Cawdor." It took a great deal of effort to speak it, after years of rejecting such a title altogether. She walked towards Terra's log with cautious steps, straightening out her dark chocolate dress. "I shall wait here a spell if you don't mind, miss Terra."
[12:32 AM] Blade: "No I don't mind, but I must ask you--" Terra held up the Rebellious Ribbon, or a Rebellious Strand, towards Persephone. She had a confused expression. Her hair was down, hair bands mysteriously absent. Even though she didn't know how to tie a bow, she did know how to take care of her hair at least. "Do you have an idea how to tie this ribbon into a bow? I've been wanting to wear it with my hair braided."(edited)
[1:56 AM] Kwakado: "...Excuse me?" Her expression was well beyond confusion - a shocked stare at the savage. But it passed from her quickly, just as she finished sitting on the log. "..oh, excuse me. You've never seen a Rebel's Ribbon before, have you?" Persephone peered at the red ribbon wistfully, with just a hint of scorn in her violet eyes. A faint, amused smirk started to form as she ran a finger along the Floribian fabric. To get upset at such a trifle now hardly seemed sensible, after everything that had happened. "Heavens, this one's long as a whip." Her smile brightened, answering the tribeswoman's request without a word. "Would you like the tails out, or in?"(edited)
[8:14 AM] Blade: "Tails out I guess? I never really got around to tying bows as much as self defense. I've been away from my home for some time now." Terra sat on the log, braiding her hair. Her hands moved as her hair intertwined into one long chunk of hair, but Terra didn't have hair that long. It didn't take the axe fighter much of a problem to end the braid by tying a hair band to seal it. "I've been traveling this continent for some time, seeing the world in all of it's beauty. I like it. So what do you like?" She asked Persephone with a smile on her face. This woman was something else and Terra seemed pensive at her body language, but she wanted to know more about her.
April 25, 2017
[12:28 PM] Kwakado: "Beauty, above all else. Yet not just the world's, but the beauty of man." Persephone gave a sentimental smile to the easterner beside her. "The struggle, for the things we treasure. Power and passion, perfectly entwined..." Looking down to see that her own fingers had managed to twirl the ribbon around themselves, the lady's shoulders shrunk with embarrassment. "Regardless, I think​ this one will do a splendid job framing your face." Persephone lifted it up to Terra's braid, ready to start the little lesson. Nearly a lifetime ago, Cawdor's head maid had done the same for Persephone. The irony of the present situation amused her, easing her anxieties about the savage sitting with her. "It's only a few knots, and a little patience."
[1:24 PM] Blade: "I can I see? I would like to have the ribbon tied where my hairband at the end of the braid." Terra lifted her braid and placed it in front of her so she can see how the ribbon transforms. She was relaxed. "I never really pondered on feminine things ever since I left home..."
April 26, 2017
[2:45 PM] Kwakado: Persephone looped the riibbon loosely over her braid, keeping her fingers easy to see and moving at the speed of a thawing glacier. "First, a knot to make it your own...You're from Gallibion, aren't you?" She gave an encouraging smile. "Pondering such aesthetics is rare there, so I've heard."
April 28, 2017
[3:35 PM] Blade: "No, I'm from Haspen." She giggled at the thought of her homeland. The axe fighter had the desire to see her own home again despite the circumstances as of now. An idea came upon her which lead her to ask Persephone. "Have you ever been there?"(edited)
[3:52 PM] Kwakado: "Heavens, no. It's a world away from here." Persephone pinched the ribbon into a pair of ear-like loops, which spiralled gracefully around each other. Despite the unsteady course of her shivering hands, she wove them neatly together into a second knot.
[7:04 PM] Blade: "I get how you tie a bow now! I adore it!" She smiled at the ribbon before her. Another idea came to Terra sometime after being in awe of the ribbon. "..Do you go by a shorter name Persephone?"
April 29, 2017
[11:59 AM] Kwakado: "I beg your pardon?" The young lady pursed her lips tentatively together, unsure of what to say. There was, of course, one person who called her Seph, but she'd been a dear friend for years. Anyone else doing so just wouldn't be proper. "I'm afraid it's my given name, chosen by my late mother, and I've no intention to carve it up." Her sterm voice gave way to a more gentle tone. "Is it difficult for you to say? 'Lady Cawdor' or simply 'Cawdor' will suffice."
[12:24 PM] Blade: "No not really, but I just thought it would be easier to call you by a shorter name."
[12:59 PM] Kwakado: "I suppose that's a sensible wish, with a name as simple as Terra." Persephone gives a sideways nod, wrapping her trembling arms around herself to better brave the cold. "That ribbon looks fantastic on you."
April 30, 2017
[12:26 AM] Blade: "It does!!" Terra gaped at the ribbon wound in her hair. She had a large smile on her face as she never felt so pretty before. A warm feeling rose in her chest. "Thank you Persephone! I adore how you tied the ribbon. The Noble ladies back home would would be jealous of this!" She spun delicately, hand grasping the end of her tribal dress gently.(edited)
[6:19 PM] Kwakado: Giggling at the tribal girl's candid enthusiasm, Persephone hops to her feet. "The pleasure is mine, Terra. Fly the flag with pride, and don't wait a moment to find me if you've a need for anything more. I'd come here to warm up on the way back to base, but..." Her gaze brightens as it lifts from the faded fire to Terra's beaming face. "...You've warmed my spirit more than enough."
May 1, 2017
[7:33 PM] Blade: "Oh I should repay you sometime... I'll make a flower crown for you if there were any flowers nearby. I make good flower crowns with what I had done for my friends back home." Terra peered around with no sign of color life sprouting in the grass. She was somewhat disappointed.
May 3, 2017
[1:46 PM] Kwakado: A soft hand sat upon Terra's​ shoulder, with a pair of purple eyes behind it that looked just a little brighter than they'd been at first glance. "There will come a time to find flowers once more, when life comes back to our lands...Crown me with your beauty on the dawn of that day." A warm smile followed her heartfelt command, glowing with gratitude at the offer.
May 5, 2017
[8:39 AM] Blade: "That's what makes this world so beautiful to live in. No matter how harsh or desolate the lands are, nature will repair itself." Terra smiled graciously at Persephone. Her eyes were filled with optimism, and an undying will was visible in the axe fighter. "Do you want to be friends?"
May 6, 2017
[9:06 AM] Kwakado: "That's..." Persephone felt her cheeks shift to the shade of her hair, and of Terra's new ribbon. ".. rather forward of you, isn't it? Sowing the seeds you've only just planted...But I'll allow it." Her lips, in turn, mirrored the shape of Terra's in a gracious smile.
[9:30 AM] Blade: === End RP ===

No comments:

Post a Comment