Thursday, March 9, 2017

Abominable Cupcakes


March 9, 2017
[10:25 AM] See Through: I've been to many places in my life and time... Sung a lot of songs, crafted many rhymes Met many folks with bias benign To feed a traveller with food indeed sublime. I've tried many cuisines across the nation... "But this...." Lior has in his finger tips a dainty pastry smelling sweetly of butter, sugar, and vanilla; the frosted top of the fluffy cupcake swirled upwards perfectly in fashion of a petite mountain. The bard is sitting cross-legged inside of the moving caravan as he squints to observe the pastry he had swiped from Vance's wagon without notice. Or, well, unnoticed until Vance would count his remaining stock of pastries. "....What is this abomination...?"(edited)
[10:42 AM] See Through: He takes his pinky to dab the peak of the frosting mountain, sampling the saccharine icing.
[11:52 AM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: Alexandra rode not far behind the wagon, at a slow pace atop her mount. Nice and easy Copernicus. No rush, just smooth and steady. Don't need any sudden jostling... She soon catches up when the wagon stops for whatever reason, and notices Lior playing with his food, "Is something the matter? A hair caught in it perhaps?"
[12:00 PM] See Through: Lior's gaze is still on the cupcake, baffled by the ridiculous petiteness of the pastry as he rotates it with is fingers in focus of examining every aspect of it. He still doesn't look towards his inquirer. "What is this delicacy called...?"
[12:06 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: He's joking. Dear Olphira. He isn't. "I..." she grasps for words that won't condescend, finding simply; "A cupcake."
[12:07 PM] See Through: "A....cupcake."
[12:08 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "Yes... a cupcake..." Alexandra nodded, as though expecting more. It looks rather delectable, honestly.
[12:09 PM] See Through: "....A cupcake."
[12:11 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: Alexandra gives an exasperated sputter, "Yes... Cup. Cake."
[12:15 PM] See Through: Lior remains cross-legged on the caravan, letting the awkward silence between the two act as his mediation in trying to understand the miniature cake in his hand. With his hand on his chin, he finally looks up at Alexandra's azure eyes with a curious expression, "How are people able to make such small cakes?"
[12:22 PM] See Through: "Do.... do they add the cake into a cup?"
[12:22 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "There's pans for baking, they have dips in them. The baker fills the depressions and the result sits in your hand now."
[12:26 PM] See Through: "Huh." Lior takes a small piece of the cake with his fingers, pulling the fluffy exterior and slowly swallowing the piece. "...Fascinating. Alexandra, are these cupcakes popular in the Kingdom of Damona?"
[12:29 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "They are, at least in Dovania," Alexandra nodded, "They're often seen at soirees celebrations."(edited)
[12:31 PM] See Through: "Soirees and celebrations...." Lior resumes looking at the cupcake.
[12:32 PM] See Through: "....Do.... do people not celebrate with larger cakes in Dovania?"
[12:34 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "They do. But these are smaller and easier to take. You need not cut a piece or wait for one to be brought to you," Alexandra smirked. Great, now I'm hungry...
[12:37 PM] See Through: Lior promptly stands as he partitions the cake into small, dainty halves, offering Alexandra across the gape between the caravan and mount with one foot firmly placed on the caravan's base and the other ontop of a wooden keg to help him reach towards her.(edited)
[12:40 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "Thank you," She takes it with little hesitation. Normally I wouldn't, but I'm so hungry... She eats the half rather ungracefully in a single bite.
[12:42 PM] See Through: "I'm glad you're enjoying it. Here, take the other piece; you look like you need it more than I do." And he offers the other half.
[12:47 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "I..." Her stomach grumbled, causing her to groan miserably and hang her head. "Thank you..." She sighs, taking it with a slight red in her cheeks. Why is having a child so miserable. They're supposed to be little bundles of joy. How can they cause so much grief without even being born yet?
[12:58 PM] See Through: The bard slowly retracts so he wouldn't fall over the caravan, his legs still on the keg and arms resting on his thigh and knee as he leans over to continue gazing at Alexandra. It's a potent stare; his golden eyes completely honed and fixed on the advisor's face unblinking. But it's soothing in an arcane, enchanting sense as his scrutiny is graceful and oddly comprehensive, as if he knew and understood Alexandra even when they had only met this once.(edited)
[1:00 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "Is something the matter?" She asked, after scarfing down the other half in a similiar manner, "I hope my poor manners didn't offend you too greatly."
[1:07 PM] See Through: "No, not at all." Lior's gaze turns into a warm smile as he shifts to turn and tap on the caravan's driver. "Perhaps we should rest for a break? We have travelled far and not eaten in a while," he notifies the rider. The rider nods as he waves towards the front conveys to halt and signals them to relay a break. Lior steps out of the convoy onto the grassy meadow with a stretch-- his ornate shawl and bangles gleaming like his smile as he finishes his small exercise. The group has agreed to a temporary break so that the caravan could prepare and eat before resuming their travels; the merchants and soldiers stopped on a plain, flat grassfield and each formed small fires and assemblies to eat together. The bard reaches out his hand in gesture to help Alexandra off of her mount. "Well, Ms. De'trivel, care to join me in lunch?"(edited)
[6:08 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "Well..." Alexandra considered, "Okay." I'll hate myself when I try to get back on later. She takes his hand, dismounting slowly. "Thank you, both for the offer and helping me down."
[6:28 PM] See Through: "I only act in respect to the Queen's advisor." Lior winks as he hands her a small woven basket with two hearty ham-and-egg salad sandwiches and a crispy crimson apple. "I obtained these from my stay at the previous town. Many of my audiences offer handmade food for my service, so I'm sure they're made with great love and care. Of course, as royalty, these street food may rarely appear enticing, but it is better than anything we have in our caravan."
[6:31 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "They look rather delicious to me..." Alexandra bit her lip, fairly embarrassed as she pulled her stare off of the food, "Besides, just because I carry lofty titles doesn't mean food tastes worse to me." No. That's the other thing that makes that happen...
[6:38 PM] See Through: "Well, I assure you these will taste rather the same even under your circumstances. And they are recommended." Lior takes another basket before laying out a blanket on the grassfields for a small picnic scenery.
[6:40 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "Yes, yes. I'm hoping," She nodded, then tipped her, "Wait... what?" Did he just...?
[6:44 PM] See Through: Lior's already sitting down munching on his own apple innocently on the spread picnic blanket, the large basket filled with fruits, sandwiches, and other goods from Emille in the center.
[6:46 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: But... how...? I don't... Alexandra sighed, sitting carefully across from him, "Thank you for the meal." She speaks a short prayer to Olphira, then takes one of the sandwiches. Before biting in to it, "How did you.... know...?"
[6:50 PM] See Through: An attempt at an interrupt to change topics, "The weather is very nice today, isn't it?"
[6:52 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: Why won't he say? Does he not even surely know...? Alexandra sighed, "It is rather nice, yes." She took a few large bites, "Would you mind answering me?"
[6:59 PM] See Through: Lior finishes chewing his apple as he looks upwards at the casting sun with the wind weaving through the grass and their hairs. He turns to Alexandra with a light smile, "It was just a premonition."
[7:03 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "You... guessed?" Alexandra looked like she'd been slapped across the face. Dear Olphira, please... Alexandra sighs, "No matter. I'll be needing to tell everyone soon enough anyhow, after retaking the capital. I can't very well hide it for much longer even if I wanted to." She finishes her first sandwich, now biting into the apple.
[7:09 PM] See Through: Lior waits for Alexandra to finish so that her hands were unoccupied, "Take your time; the child relies on you to chew."
[7:14 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "Of course, I know. I'm just not used to being so insatiably hungry," Alexandra nodded. She took up the last sandwich, taking a single bite, "Thank you, again. I hadn't realized how hungry I'd been until we'd talked of cupcakes." She eats hastily still, but noticeably slower than with the other sandwich. She wipes her mouth when she's done.
[7:15 PM] See Through: And the bard offers his hand for a hand shake, "I haven't introduced myself this entire time. My name is Lior, a humble travelling musician."
[7:18 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: She gives her own hand, "Its a pleasure. I'm Alexandra, but you no doubt know that. What with all the rest you'd known. You definitely did your research."
[7:20 PM] See Through: Lior kisses the back of her hand like he would to any women, and he smiles with a small wince, "You overestimate me; I did no such research."
[7:22 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "I... but..." She makes an utterly confused face, "But how did you know my surname? And my titles? Surely you didn't have 'premonitions' regarding those as well..."
[7:23 PM] See Through: "Your name travels far as the queen's advisor, Ms. De'trivel. It reaches unexpected ears quite easily." And the bard picks another fruit from the basket to munch on as he lets go of her hand and leans back.(edited)
[7:24 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "But to be able to match it to my face without having met me..." Alexandra sighed.
[7:26 PM] See Through: Behind the pear, he winks again, "That one took a little bit of effort."
[7:28 PM] See Through: He adjusts himself forward to sit in a criss-cross, holding the half-eaten pear in his hands as he looks back at the lady with a small, handsome grin, "You're still curious?"
[7:29 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: About...? "Yes, I am," Alexandra nodded, "I won't press you though."
[7:32 PM] See Through: "You nod like a woman not sure what she's agreeing to."
[7:33 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: Alexandra smiled, "You've offered up information of some sort. I'd be foolish not to take it."
[7:36 PM] See Through: "Well, let's see." Lior makes rings in the air with his index finger as he observes his own gesture. "You are a woman of faith, no? Olphira, is it?"
[7:37 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "I am, since I was young," Alexandra nodded.
[7:38 PM] See Through: "Have you ever felt an inner sensation that drove or compelled you to do something?" He's still making those rings.
[7:39 PM] See Through: "As if it were not of your own, but energy or hope given to you through, perhaps, Olphira?"
[7:39 PM] See Through: "It is rather difficult to describe as it is intangible and uncontrollable."
[7:44 PM] See Through: "Ah! A better way to describe it!" Lior claps in finally getting his thoughts together, "A soul or spirits, perhaps, might be the best way to explain it. Many people have different interpretations of it, especially of those in different religions."
[7:49 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "Are you trying to say... you're a prophet?" Alexandra tipped her head.
[7:51 PM] See Through: "No no, that is beyond me, or anyone else. There are no true prophets." Lior laughs gently.
[7:51 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "What then? An oracle?" Alexandra guessed again.
[7:52 PM] See Through: "Oracle might be closer, but those that tell you they are: they are phonies." Lior winks again with a smile.
[7:53 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: Alexandra racks her brain, trying to come up with something else to fit, "I... don't know then."
[8:04 PM] See Through: "Oh, Ms. De'trivel, not to worry; I myself do not know, either. But I will tell you that I cannot forsee the future, read minds, nor the like." Lior sits up straight as tall as he could as his golden hair radiates with the sun. "What I can tell you as a religious individual like yourself, we live surrounded by an ethereal presence, forged by the gods and invisible to our eyes. It acts like a flow, a river of souls as we permeate our own life and influence through our presence in spirit. Magicians rely on it to form magic. You, as a healer, confide in it. And all humans feel it as emotions and energy."(edited)
[8:05 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "I... I am sorry, but you've lost me," Alexandra blinks.
[8:08 PM] See Through: Lior smiles, "Yes, it is hard to understand, as it is very abstract, and I myself cannot see it." "But everyone feels it; it is the fundamentals to emotion and energy. It guides us, in a great flow or stream of spirit, to fate and destiny. To be able to read this flow would truly be a prophet." "I am simply more attuned to reading and feeling people's emotions, their energy, and their soul."
[8:09 PM] See Through: A brief pause as Lior laughs and scratches his golden mane, "I sound like one of those hippies on the streets speaking false proverbs of the world ending. I look like one, too, as a simple bard."
[8:19 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "Heh," She smirked, "So these... emotions that float around. That's how you tuned into my pregnancy? Do... Do they have one of those... aura things?"
[8:21 PM] See Through: "Essentially; we are spirits, no?"(edited)
[8:23 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: Alexandra looked down at herself, holding a hand over her stomach, "I believe so, yes." Hmm... Should I ask? Probably can't even tell... Better than regretting later i guess. "Can you... tell anything about them?"
[8:31 PM] See Through: "The baby will grow to be a healthy, adorable, and kind-hearted child. Its soul is blessed by Nathos and Olphira." Lior smiles with a mellow gaze. "Its gender, I will not disclose. It shall be your surprise." :wink:
[8:40 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "That's enough for me," Alexandra smiled, "Thank you, Lior."
[8:48 PM] See Through: "You are welcome, Ms. De'trivel. It was my pleasure to meet such an attractive and amiable person in the caravan: I haven't acquanted myself with many of the members here as I recently just jumped on board after hearing you would fight in Floribar."(edited)
[8:52 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "Every willing hand is welcome," Alexandra nodded, "I thank you for offering yours in our mission."
[9:04 PM] See Through: "An honor."
[9:29 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "Likewise, sir," Alexandra nodded again, "Thank you again for the meal."
[9:34 PM] See Through: "Well, the caravan may resume once again, and I will be in my usual spot where you've found me."
[9:35 PM] See Through: Lior has his hand on his chin again, "I must say our conversation was rather one sided: how about next time you tell me more about yourself? I may seem to knoe much, but I cannot read a person's experience or trials from the eb of things."
[9:36 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "I'd be happy to," Alexandra smiled, "Farewell for now, oh bard."
[9:42 PM] See Through: "A song for thee if thee request it, anytime." And he stands to a bow.
[9:43 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "I'll keep it in mind," She nods, standing up.
[9:45 PM] See Through: Lior offers his arms to help Alexandra, all the way from the field to her horse.
[9:46 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "Thank you," Alexandra chuckles, "Mind helping me up as well?"
[9:47 PM] See Through: "Of course."
[9:52 PM] See Through: Right on cue with his answer, Alexandra was gently whisked away, a whiff of powerful yet tamed wind sweeping her off her feet as she hovered in embrace of Lior's magic-- his own arms supporting her frame to guide the gale to lightly place her back on top of her horse.
[9:53 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: What just... Alexandra looked around, "I, uh... thank you..."
[9:55 PM] See Through: "Please take care of yourself. And let not your worries overwhelm you."
[9:58 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: "I'll try," Alexandra nodded, "Likewise."
[10:00 PM] See Through: Lior nods as he steps away. As the caravans begin to depart once again, he clambers back onto a cart to lie down with a lyre in hand, strumming it silently as he sings to himself.
[10:19 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: What a curious man. I hope his prediction is correct, and all this recklessness hasn't affected the child... Alexandra sighed, putting Copernicus into motion. Slow and steady... smooth and easy...
[10:19 PM] Ulamog, the Omnom Cthulhu: == === ==== === ==



No comments:

Post a Comment