Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Yiinghua, the Blossom Blade


May 31, 2017
[6:38 PM] NethaEmerald: Valerie found herself sitting atop a hill, weapons in tow, watching the bridge to the North of the village. Seeing all the figures and flying things was sort of mesmerizing in a way. She was imagining what must be going through their minds. Things like “Death to all other nations”, “Ethysia for life” and so on. Amidst her own thoughts, Valerie let out a small chuckle at the random things she was imagining them say. In her own self-amusement, she had missed a pretty obvious sight in the sky: a Red Wyvern with Yellow eyes. By the time she looked at the area it first came into her view, it was gone. Being ignorant to that, Valerie pulled her bandana from her head. “Oh father, I hope to be back home soon…” Valerie softly spoke to the bandana, clutching it tightly. The bandana was the only thing she still had on her that came from her father, and it meant a lot to her. While clutching the bandana with closed eyes, a faint noise way off in the distance caused Valerie to crack an eye open and look to where it came from. She saw it, and went back to closed eyes, before processing what she had just seen and cracked both her eyes open. What she saw in the sky genuinely caught her off-guard: A red wyvern with a figure riding it. Casting the bandana hastily into her clothes, Valerie watched it come closer and slowly drew Cherry Blossom from it’s scabbard and held it firm in the direction of the Wyvern. As the wyvern approached the scene, the figure only grinned. She recognized the bandana being stuffed into this woman’s clothing from anywhere: Valerie. Pushing Zoralth to go faster, the figure slowly sheathed her signature axe and drew out a sword with a slightly pink blade. The blade felt seemingly unnatural in her hands, but she felt she could use it well enough in a battle. Once the distance was closed enough between them, the figure shouted “So i’ve finally found you again.”
[6:42 PM] NethaEmerald: Valerie held her ground firmly as the duo approached her. “What are you doing here?” The Sword Master asked the Wyvern Master. Kristyn simply laughed as her first response. “I know. I ‘promised’ I would go back home and wait for you, but I got sick of waiting. I wanted to take matters into my own hands. Especially since you took the ring that was mine.” Kristyn started to explain before Valerie cut her off with “What? I thought you gave that ring to me.” “Oh really?” Kristyn remarked, almost offended. “Why would I go and willingly give something like that out? Anyways, that’s only part of the reason i’m here. I’ve been thinking… what if just aiding Ethysia in winning would bring easier peace than sticking in Barentia, sitting on my ass waiting for things to happen-” “So you joined the Ethysian army!? Have you no pride in your homeland?” Valerie responded loudly. “I still have pride; maybe more than you. I never deserted to join some other army until now. Though my main goal is not to fully aid Ethysia; it was to find you.” Kristyn responded with a stern expression. The Wyvern Master held the sword she had out towards Valerie. The Sword Master was first puzzled about why she was using a sword… until she saw the touchmark stamp near the hilt. It was the stamp her father put on truly custom weapons. “I-is tha-” Valerie started out with before being rudely cut off.
[6:46 PM] NethaEmerald: “This sword? What? Recognize something on it? You should: it’s your father’s work. He wanted me to just simply deliver it to you and come back to Barentia like an errand girl. So you know what I did? I told him I wasn’t going to simply deliver it. He tried to stop me from taking it by force; oh how cute that was…” Knuckles turning white against her sword, Valerie responded back with with a livid tone of voice; “You better not have shed a single drop of blood on him…” “And what if I did? I couldn’t guarantee his safety…” Kristyn remarked with a grin. “And now I hold this sword he meant for you… oh, what should I do with it? The possibilities are endless.” With arms trembling in rage, Valerie burst out with, coupled with a deathly glare and intense focus; “Stop! That sword is meant for me and me only, so hand it over. Now. That blade was not meant for you!” Zoralth eventually landed on the ground to Kristyn could step off him. “Oh yea? Well, I still feel like things weren’t properly resolved after last time with how you’re acting towards me, so if you want it to bad, you’re going to have to fight for it!” as she held the blade somewhat awkwardly on the ground towards Valerie. With rage in her eyes, Valerie muttered “Bring it.”
[6:49 PM] NethaEmerald: Valerie vs Krystin Valerie attacks! Hit! 7 damage! (48/55) Krystin counters! Hit! 24 damage (36/50) “Grr… I can’t lose… I won’t lose!” Valerie remarked on this horrible start. Valerie attacks again! Hit! 5 damage! (43/55) Valerie attacks! Hit! 7 damage! (36/50) Krystin counters! Miss! Adept Activates! “This power… Let’s see how long you’ll last.” Kristyn remarked. Krystin attacks! Miss! Valerie attacks again! Hit! 5 damage! (31/55) Valerie attacks! Hit! 7 damage! (24/55) Krystin counters! Hit! 24 damage! (2/50) Valerie grunted. “I’m not out yet…” She remarked. Kristyn laughed and remarked “You almost are.” Valerie attacks again! Hit! 5 damage! (19/55) Valerie attacks! Hit! 7 damage (12/55) Krystin counters! Miss! Adept Activates! Krystin attacks! Miss! “Just die like the vermin you are!” Kristyn shouted in anger. Valerie attacks again! Hit!
[6:49 PM] NethaEmerald: “No I will not!” Valerie spoke back, full of wrath. Crit! 28 damage! (0/55) Krystin was defeated!
[6:50 PM] NethaEmerald: With that last hit, Kristyn sent both of her hands clutching her pained side, Cherry Blossom finishing the deep slash. The other blade tumbled in the air, and Valerie caught it with ease. Even with holding it in one hand, it felt so natural to her; almost like it wasn’t really there, but at the same time, was. “Heh… I’m two for one now, Kristyn.” Valerie remarked. Zoralth tried to step between them, but Valerie held the new blade out towards the Wyvern… and it backed off, scared. The Sword Master looked down on her Wyvern Master ‘rival’ and yanked the scabbard for the new sword from her and sheathed it next to Cherry Blossom. Once the swords were in their rightful place, Valerie held a hand out to help Kristyn up. “Why?” Kristyn spat out before coughing a bit. “Why help me? I lost; just finish me.” Valerie shook her head no, hair moving as she did. “Sorry; I don’t work like that; you of all people should know. Now c’mon; get up. I know you’re not done with this world yet.” Kristyn at first seemed to refuse the hand, but eventually, with a slightly wet eye, took Valerie’s hand and yanked against the winner, pulling herself up. Instead of just standing up and dusting herself off or addressing her wounds, Kristyn pulled herself into a hug with Valerie. With a sniffle, Kristyn said “Where did I go wrong?” She said first, struggling to keep any composure anymore, letting a few tears fall. “Where did I go wrong? All I wanted to do was to help Barentia out… but all I did was aid the enemy. How?” Valerie, feeling something swell inside her too, patted Kristyn’s back and said “Maybe you just lost sight of what was for the best because I left. You let your rage, your jealousy, your attitude to always be right, cloud your judgement. I admit… it was not the wisest thing for me to do, but it was the right thing, and I apologize for it.. I’ve helped Prince Finn’s army out so much… we’re getting close to ending this war. And when we do…”
[6:52 PM] NethaEmerald: Valerie reached around her neck and pulled up on some string. At the end was a ring Kristyn knew very well. It conferred no power to Valerie in this way, but there was no way she was letting someone else every get a hold of it. “I’ll be back. This ring is a promise.” Valerie said, finishing off her little speech with a sweet smile. Kristyn, losing most control of her emotions, only squeezed Valerie tighter. “You… you kept it… I was certain you forgot or discarded it. After all, who would keep a promise with someone like me?” Kristyn laughed a little at that. “Well, nonetheless… i’m happy you did. It means more than you think.” Kristyn eventually let go of Valerie and wiped her eyes, clearly in pain from the wounds.
[6:56 PM] NethaEmerald: “I hope you know what this means…” Kristyn remarked, trying to hide her red face. Valerie nodded in response and remarked with a slightly red face of her own, voice a little trembly: “...I do” Finally taking a deep look at Kristyn’s wound, Valerie snapped back to some sense and said “But we need to get you looked at. Prince Finn’s group should have some resources with where we currently are to help you out.” “But-” Kristyn started before being cut off. “I’ll handle everything. I’m sure they won’t complain if I said I found you like this, fighting off Ethysian soldiers. Besides, last time they saw you, you helped us liberate Barentia.” With a small smile, Kristyn nodded. “Well, let’s see if it will work… Zoralth.” Zoralth finally came over to the scene and let both women get atop him. Actually taking control, Valerie guided them back to the camp.
[6:56 PM] Mappy | Best Dog: [Valerie obtains Yinghua!]
[6:56 PM] NethaEmerald: == End RP ==



No comments:

Post a Comment