Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Laverna, the Highwayman's Treasure


May 2, 2017
[9:13 AM] eros: Farran stretched his arms to the sky with a satisfied groan and promptly put them to his hips with a grin on his face. He was happy to be home after so long! He has so many things to tell his family and friends, too. Since he was in the shopping district, he might go give a hello to the vendors he swindled when he was younger. Ah, maybe he shouldn't visit his friends. Farran was sure he'd get an earful from them, especially after his accident that cost him his arm. "Ugh..." The grin fell from his face once he realised how much his responsibilities costed him his fun. He made a mental note that if he was ever reincarnated, he should lay off of thieving. Stinky popped out of his scarf and nuzzled his face as if trying to cheer him up. Farran's smile came back slightly as he continued following the ever familiar paths he used to take. On his way, he passed by the bar he frequently made stops to in the past. Not to drink, mind you. It was one of the places he hid from the soldiers searching for him, the owner was kind enough to let him stay during those times. He remembered something from his past from eavesdropping during one of his stays. Some people who were drinking were talking about an old legend. Well, as legendary as a highwaywoman can get. They called her Bonnie, talking about her exploits along with her sword Laverna. Mentioning that she had stolen it from some church that had worshipped Nathos. Farran was never much interested in stories, but he had kept this one in his heart in particular. If asked, he would say that perhaps she inspired him.
[9:27 AM] eros: Farran continued to think about that specific memory on his way to his old home. Where was Bonnie now? What made her want to stop? He asked these questions that will never get answered. Perhaps that's all he can do. It's not like he can ask her directly or anything... The boy stood by the old house. It was a bit tattered here and there, but it was home sweet home nonetheless. He entered, quietly pushing the door as if there were residents sleeping. "...I'm back." But of course, he was still the only one there. True to their calling, his parents had left him here and continued on their travels. He doesn't resent them for leaving him, no. He was the one who asked to stay after all. Farran smiled as he felt the wallpaper, wondering if they were really ideal parents considering how they left their child on his own. He remembered how his mother smiled and messed his hair, telling him to be a good boy in their abscense. "Too late for that." Farran scoffed. He wished they didn't leave him.
[9:44 AM] eros: He climbed the stairs to his old room, wondering if it was still intact. "...Probably not." He told himself. He wasn't sure if it would still be the same as it was years ago. Once he walked in, he saw someone he never would have expected to sitting on his bed. His own mother, who only smiled to him. "...Welcome home." Farran didn't know whether to laugh or cry at what he believes is only his mind playing tricks on him. But all he could do when the woman stood up and hugged him was hug her back, tightly. "...Is it really you?" "...Yes." Farran mentally cursed himself for letting his tears get the best of him. "...I missed you." The woman held him closer. "...I know." Farran couldnt hold it in any longer as he let himself cry on his mother's shoulder. Once he was done crying, he wiped away his tears and smiled. "It's...been a long time." He held his mother's hands in his own. "...Sorry for not being a good boy as I could have been." He winced as his mother looked to his gauntlet. "...No, no...it was my fault. I...I should have been there for you, stopping you from following the path I once took." His mother put her hand on Farran's cheek. "...I'm so sorry, Farran..." "Mom? What are you talking about?" Farran asked his mother in confusion, what path? All he ever knew of her past was that she was a traveler.
[10:02 AM] eros: Farran's mother held his hand and sat down on the bed with him. "...I believe it's time I gave you this." She took out a slender sword with white carnations tied to the guard. "...It has served me well. And I believe it's time I passed it on to you." Farran's eyes widened as he held the sword in his hands. "Mom...where did you get this? His mother smiled. "Remember what I told you? About how your father and I met?" Once Farran nodded, she continued. "...I was once a thief, like you." Farran blushed as his mother gave him a knowing stare. "Yes, I heard of what you did when I was away. You really should pay back those vendors one of these days." "...Yes, mom..." "...As I was saying, I was once like you. On the run, wild and free. I was...unstoppable. This blade was my trusted partner throughout my journey. It felt as if I was being watched over, with my every move being assuredly safe. My name was spread across the land, I was never caught. That is..." She smiled. "...until I met your Father. He was the only one who caught me in my tracks, through my heart. He was the reason why I'm here today, and why you're here beside me. It was a decision I'll never regret." "...Why are you telling me this, Mom? I-I thought...you were only a traveling vendor, or something..." Farran's mother smiled as she stood up and fixed her son's hair. "...What's my name?" "..." Farran wanted to ask her why, why she was asking him this. Why she left him alone all those years ago. Why he couldn't come with her. But all he could do, was reply to her question. "...Elizabeth." Elizabeth smiled, helping her son stand and hugging him once more. "...My real name, is Bonnie."
[10:05 AM] eros: Farran stopped, now realising why he was given the sword. "...Wait--! Mom--!?" He tried to ask talk to her, but his vision was suddenly obscured by a light. Once he was able to see again, his mother was gone. "..." Farran ran to his window, looking out to see his mother already a ways ahead. "Mom, wait! Don't go!" Bonnie smiled as she turned back to her son. "...I can't, dear. Your father's waiting after all." Farran panicked, he wanted to leap down, but it was too much for him. "Then...!! Then let me come with you! I want to see him again, too! I want us to be together again!" "I want that just the same, but...you have a job that is to be done. Now that you've inherited my title, and the sword Laverna." Bonnie turned her back on her son, walking away again. "May Verone watch over you, just as they did me..." "Wait! Mom, don't go!" Farran decided to leap after all, crashing his fall on some bushes. He hurriedly stood up, to chase his mother. But it was still too late for him. She was already gone, and he was left with nothing but her sword and title, one that he never wanted.
[10:08 AM] eros: "...Mom..." Farran dejectedly looked down at the sword in his hands. All he wanted was to be with his family again, and what he was given was a sword and the title of the Highwayman. Farran grit his teeth and threw the sword down in anger. "What do you even want from me!?"
[10:17 AM] eros: "...What was the point of wanting to be with you?! I prayed to whatever gods were out there so we can be a family again! And--and you leave me with a sword and nothing else?!" Farran continued to shout to someone who may as well already be gone. "...You know what...fine." Farran took Laverna back in his hands. "...I don't need you two. I've already gotten by on my own, who says I can't do it again." Farran truly wishes he could mean that, to forget his parents and go on by himself. But part of him still wishes that they could be together. "..." His scowl faltered as he hugged the sword, if he couldn't be with his family, then perhaps all he could do is make due with his mother's treasured blade.
[10:18 AM] eros: Stinky meowed at his owner, rubbing on Farran's legs as he did. "..." Farran smiled and picked his kitten up in his arms.
[10:19 AM] eros: He wished his Mother didn't talk to him.
[10:19 AM] eros: [Farran obtained Laverna!] ===End RP===


No comments:

Post a Comment