Saturday, December 10, 2016

Prayers for Verone

Deallocate-12/10/2016

A woman with long flowing red hair covered by a simple straw hat was kneeling in front of Freyland Village's altar, her eyes closed and her hands clasped in deep prayer. A loose sundress covered her body, and blew slightly in the gentle breeze. "Oh, fair Verone. Please, grant me a bountiful harvest of handsome and charming young men who I can bestow my affections upon. I must say, the current ratio of men in my life is exceedingly low." She frowned, deep in thought. "Unless... this is a challenge? Could it be that you wish for me to persevere against all odds? Love is something worth fighting for, after all..." Shanoa lept to her feet, and cracked a fist into an open palm. "It's decided. Forget the men. Nothing can stop me from showing your love to the entire world!"
December 11, 2016

Kwak | Gaiden Hype-12/11/2016

Beside her, an equally-oblivious red-haired girl knelt silently. Her thoughts floated freely to the eastern empire as her black blouse billowed in the breeze. Fair Verone, I beseech thee. She'd gotten used to keeping these prayers silent while in foreign lands. More than a few people in Amaron had been quite offended at the sound of a Floribian soldier praying for an Ethysian general, and chances were slim that the yokels of Freyland would see it any differently. Grant milord Kyron the patience to wait for me. Let not his heart lie fallow, but nourish it til we may be reunited. And may I have the grace to overcome these trials, that my love may finally reach Ethysia-- A fist-pumping proclamation from the girl beside her spurred Persephone into a small, startled scream. "M-my love?!" Her wide, violet eyes looked up at Shanoa with bewilderment, and her hand lept to her scabbard-less hip on instinct.

Deallocate-12/11/2016

The herbalist's green eyes met the other woman's, and an energetic smile flashed across her face. "Why yes, indeed. As a devout follower of Verone herself, I bear love for all in this world." She spread a hand to gesture to their surroundings. "The gentle trees, the flowing hills." Shanoa dropped to her knees, her nose only a few inches away from Persephone's. "And most importantly, I bear love for the men and woman who share this world with me." Her bright eyes sparkled playfully. "Pray tell, what is your name, O beautiful maiden?"

Kwak | Gaiden Hype-12/11/2016

Persephone's eyes darted away for a moment, looking back to the altar, but she did not lessen the gap between them. "I'm Lady Persephone de Cawdor, traveling with Floribar's prince. It's a rare honor to meet someone as..devoted as yourself, I must say. And your name?" Persephone had been far too preoccupied during the early moments of their battles to take much notice of the witch who had fallen in each of them, and she had kept to herself during much of the travels. Shanoa might as well have been a stranger.(edited)

Deallocate-12/11/2016

"Ah, a pleasure to meet you, Lady Persephone." She moved backwards a bit before sitting down with her legs crossed, and looked pensive. "Here I was thinking you were another village maiden of Freyland. And yet apparently we've been traveling companions for some time now, and never met." Shanoa's held out a hand in greeting. "My name is Shanoa. An herbalist serving in Finn's company, aiding the sick and wounded with my roots and herbs." She gestured to the utility belt strapped around the waist of her sun dress, whose weathered brown pouches bulged from their contents. "And sometimes I'll even help out in battle with my rather loose grasp of magic." The red-haired woman grimaced. "Although I can't claim to be rather good at fighting." She glanced pointedly at Persephone's side. "Judging by your reaction earlier, I would presume you're a woman of the blade?"

Kwak | Gaiden Hype-12/11/2016

"You've a sharp eye, miss." The young noble's sword hand accepted Shanoa's handshake with a little more force than expected. "And a sharp mind, to have a grasp at all of the arcane. The sword is all I have, but Orfeo--my brother, he commanded both with such beauty..." Persephone cut herself short, holding off a grimace of her own as she tossed her pomegranate-colored hair over her shoulder. "All the same! It's a pleasure to finally be introduced to an ally."(edited)

Deallocate-12/11/2016

"I'm sure your skill with your sword is nothing to be scoffed at either." Shanoa responded. She had noticed Persephone's hesitation, and attempted to aid her in guiding to conversation to other topics. "After all, to be worthy of fighting alongside Floriban royalty is no mean feat." "I've actually been practicing a bit of swordplay myself. Another member of our company, Valerie, has been helping me in that regard." The young woman reached for her witches hat, before remembering it had been replaced by a straw headpiece instead. She sighed inwardly. The things I do for fashion. Shanoa looked back to Persephone. "Actually, you might understand my reasoning for choosing the sword." The herbalist flushed slightly, and found it hard to maintain eye contact. "Simply put, there's nothing romantic about scorching foes to a crisp. Swords are... more intimate. To hold a blade to the throat of a handsome man who betrayed your trust and love... is something I find undeniably dreamy."
December 12, 2016

Kwak | Gaiden Hype-12/12/2016

With a blush of her own, the girl gave a little gasp as memories clouded her eyes. She hadn't expected to hear such sentiments, such candor, from anyone in the rebel army. "..Oh, I know exactly what you mean! There is no passion in the world quite like it...and yet I'm afraid I have to disagree." Persephone smiled wide, looking into Shanoa's wayward eyes, as she ran her fingers along the thin scar across her neck. "A blade to the throat is a symbol of the highest devotion."(edited)

Deallocate-12/12/2016

Shanoa's mouth parted slightly as she looked at the scar. Almost subconsciously, she reached out towards it before coming to her senses and drawing her hand back quickly. "Ah. Uhm, wow. You're not kidding around." Her hand dropped to her side, where a large scar crossed all the way up to her back underneath her light dress. "If I may ask... how did you get that scar? You speak of it so lovingly..."

Kwak | Gaiden Hype-12/12/2016

"Oh, this?" Persephone smirked at Shanoa's fascinated hand, lifting her chin with a prideful tilt. "I earned this memento from the finest knight in all Junith, last we met. It's been an eternity since then..." Her voice brimmed with girlish glee, and piety rivaling that of Shanoa's prayer. "..and yet I hear that he still speaks so fondly of me!"

Deallocate-12/12/2016

The green-eyed woman couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm. "Oh, that's so sweet! You're so lucky to have someone who cares so much for you." Shanoa smoothed out her dress. "Though with your beauty and charm, perhaps it's not luck after all." She looked off to the side wistfully. "Sadly, the same can't be said for me. I have yet to become drawn in to true love." Her eyes flashed with determination. "But I have no doubt that time is approaching fast. After all, I've only been in society for a few months now. Haven't really had the chance to get to know anybody yet."
December 13, 2016

Kwak | Gaiden Hype-12/13/2016

"Just a few months? Oh, you shan't be kept waiting for much longer at all, if Verone returns your smile!" Persephone folded her arms, jealously wondering what that kind of uncertainty might feel like. "But there's more to it than luck, you know...Mine is a lonely love. Waiting at the shore, wondering if we are ever to be reunited..or if he still remembers. Yet I wouldn't give it up for the world!" An earnest nod seals her claim. "And neither should you, fair Shanoa."

Deallocate-12/13/2016

Shanoa slowly nodded. "I suppose you're right. In our own ways, we are each at an advantage. You have a love, yet circumstances separate you. I am as free as the wind, but have no guarantee of ever finding one who will love me." She giggled behind a hand. "All I can do is wish you the best of luck, my companion in this everlasting battle: the war for true love."

Kwak | Gaiden Hype-12/13/2016

Persephone couldn't help but laugh a moment herself, embarrassed to be discussing these things with a stranger. Yet her words were sober and sincere: "I'll pray that your victory be swift, miss Shanoa."

Deallocate-12/13/2016

"And yours, Lady Persephone." The herbalist smoothly rose to her feet. "May this conflict end soon so you can be reunited with your loved one." She held out a hand to help the other woman up. "I must say, it was a pleasure to meet you. I do hope we see each other more often in the future." With her free hand, Shanoa gave a miniature salute. "Just not in the infirmary, okay?"

Kwak | Gaiden Hype-12/13/2016

"Oh, please!" The girl placed a hand on her hip, smirking fiercely at the supposed lack of confidence from her comrade. "I won't let just any man lay a hand on me, you know." But with a slight sigh, she swiftly returned a crisp salute before returning to the altar. "Til we meet again, herbalist."(edited)

Deallocate-12/13/2016

"Likewise." Shanoa turned away from the altar and casually walked away back towards the base. That was certainly a charming meeting. Not every day that I get the opportunity to relax and unwind with simple conversation. She couldn't help it as her pace fell into a skip as she made her way down the hill. And it goes to show I'm not as different from the others as I thought!

Kwak | Gaiden Hype-12/13/2016

===END RP===

No comments:

Post a Comment